Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
DIY Oh YEAH
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Teddy
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.03.05(Thu)22:26    Post subject: DIY Oh YEAH Reply with quote

just finished repairing a 40 gallon tank by replacing the bottom(it was to big, but it worked)Now I have a 30, a 40, a75 , and now a 55 long,all the others are cycling or cycled the 55 has 18 gallons of used water from the other tanks and about 20 more gallon to start it cycling ,I have 4 dalmation mollies with 2 sunburst platies ,and cory cat of some I rescued and 2 blackskirt tetras I think I will let it run for quite awhile before I'm able to get the water clean so I can add 8 Mbuna together so I can hopefully get some fry Wish Me Luck I'm Real Sure I'll Need It. Your Fellow Fish Keeper P.S.I'll send Video of fish room It ain't much but it is Mine and I Love it Cichlds Rule
MackEmmons
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.03.13(Fri)0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be wary of your DIY fix. I'm sure you could imagine the consequences if done incorrectly.

Water doesn't actually contain any of the bacteria needed (at least not in significant amounts) and will not help with cycling.
Sad Heart
Members

PostPosted: 2009.03.13(Fri)7:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible to do it right. But putting fish that are known to move rock around, in a tank that has the letters DIY attached to it.

Standard Operating Proceedure - Must Warn the Owner of Future Carpet Cleaning. Wink
Teddy
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.06.07(Sun)13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input guys.So Far so good as far as it all staying together , and as far as the Mbuna are concerned they will be going into the 75 gallon .I really enjoy this site and I think it is the greatest ..Keep up the good work.
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: