Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Searching for plants/fish suggestion
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jisty Morelove
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.01.20(Tue)13:16    Post subject: Searching for plants/fish suggestion Reply with quote

Hi all..

I'm new here and please excuse me if this has already been suggested..

As a new fishkeeper I've been looking a lot though the forums, and a lot at the plant/fish sections, its been very helpful. My only suggestion, the simple guides you have on all plant/fish guides, I.e. care/gravel/light for plants & size/tank/pH/temp for fish..I'd love to be able to sort all plants/fish into the seperate groups for ease, I'm looking for low light level plants & would like to click to show all your low level plants list etc . perhaps this is more useful for beginners to the hobby. but just a suggestion. maybe I missed the option?

Jisty Morelove
Osprey
Advisors

PostPosted: 2009.01.21(Wed)9:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know exactly how we'd alter the database to cross-reference for light conditions (coding is not my area of expertise), but I do think it would be a good idea... light needs are often more important than size when it comes to plants.

Your best bet for low-light plants are anubias. They're extremely hardy, prefer low light levels, and require no extra care. Just be careful not to bury the Rhizome (large green stem) and they'll look after the rest. Wink
Jisty Morelove
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.02.17(Tue)16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all..

Just wondering seens as its been a little while. Have u had any luck with possibly introducing this idea . I still look a lot in the fish/plant section's all the time and would still find this very useful to have.

Quote:
I don't know exactly how we'd alter the database to cross-reference for light conditions (coding is not my area of expertise),

Same here sorry, I wish I could help more as I'd love to have this option on my searches, maybe someone else knows more on how to acheive this Question

So just checking in to see if theres been any advance Wink

Jisty Morelove
Fern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.07.13(Mon)10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea as well. as well as a temp for fish.
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: