Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
So whats the coolest animal you've seen in your yard?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
shubapie
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.04.18(Sat)11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few nights ago we saw a bobcat!! And we live in the suburbs, population of 60,000... Shocked
Dawn
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2009.04.18(Sat)12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

diademhill, what is that? It looks like a horse. I'll see if I can find the pic that of took of the turkey in the street.

shubapie, that would scare me. Hearing the coyotes at night when I'm walking the dogs sends me right back into the house to turn on all the lights outside.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2009.04.18(Sat)12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good guess Dawn Very Happy
cichlidboy22
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.04.18(Sat)13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would suck if it wasn't your horse Laughing

I also live in the outskirts of some pretty dense suburbs of detroit. and I've seen coyotes, deer and numerous hawks in my back yard.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
('')_('')
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2009.04.18(Sat)14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once did have seven stray horses turn up on the lawn Shocked

The gate at the back of the tree leads to another six acres but bringing Martha through to eat the grass saves fuel for the lawnmower (That is my story & I'm sticking to it)
Actually the coolest animals we get are moles, they have got to be one of the world's coolest creatures.
We get three species of owls which nest in our trees, kestrels, buzzards, sparrowhawks and a red kite. All the native tits and lots of other small birds, A pair of ravens in a lightening struck oak and loads of small mammals which my moggy tries her best to exterminate.
Dawn
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2009.04.18(Sat)14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm jealous! I want a horse. But, I'll be getting a couple goats to help clean the field up. I saw a stray pony in a field this past winter when it was below zero outside. I had no idea who it belonged to so I called animal control to have it taken care of... I was seriously scared that it would freeze to death.

My favorite bird annoys most people, but I like the killdeer. When they nest in the yard I have to walk out there everyday for the show. They act like they're hurt to get you away from their nest. Laughing

Oh and because I'm going through pictures now...

Don't smile Amanda... You're not having fun. Smile
mandle
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.04.20(Mon)23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Growing up I had a few run-ins with skunks (my mom had to stop me from petting the cute black/white "kitty" in the backyard once). At my current farm the coolest was a big momma moose with a yearling moose and her current baby eating some rose bushes by one of the houses. Also have a neat deer around with big manly antlers, nasty coyotes (which I chase off quick), a couple friendly squirrels, blue jays, assorted woodpeckers, pretty yellow birds in the summer, a billion little sparrows/chickadees etc, owls, irritating crows, and the 2 canada geese just arrived for the year - no water on our farm - they like wandering the fields (and waddling down the driveway in front of the cars too! Their little bums look so funny when they run!)
Fern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.06.15(Mon)17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coolest critter sight I've had in my yard was when a bald eagle was eating a snake in my oak tree. Others are; momma possum with a bunch of baby's living under the trailer, ospreys, red shoulder & tailed hawks..... The coral snake that decided he wanted to take up residence in my truck was not cool though. He got re-located once I coaxed him into a cooler.
FiftyCalibre
Advisors

PostPosted: 2009.06.27(Sat)6:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other week a Sydney funnelweb spider went from my backyard to my laundry. It then proceeded to try and bite my foot. It kept on chasing me even after I used half a can of insecticide on him!
mudshake
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.10.15(Thu)7:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a mandatory bird, I just forgot the right term/name to that bird, but when I saw it it is really cool, and they said that, that bird was from different country traveling from place to place to find a good weather and for their good shelter too..
it is nice to know that they have a chance to visit here..hahaha Very Happy
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Jump to: