Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Newbie fish question
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Moeror
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.01.04(Sun)1:34    Post subject: Newbie fish question Reply with quote

OK I've been lookin into getting a marine setup. I am COMPLETELY new to this. It would be my first time. I have heard clownfish are fairly hardy and its good cause I llove them to death. They are amazingly beautiful. If I did get a tank chances are it would be 20-30 gallons. How many clown fish would u say I could get(fish only tank, no live coral) and also can someone suggest some other species thats great forbeginners and goes good with the clown? Or should I just get some clowns to begin with? Play it safe so I don't have to do mass genocide if I mess something up?
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2009.01.04(Sun)12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start with a 29-30 gallon minimum and yes, providing you do your research and cycle your tank properly in advance, captive raised Clownfish are a great choice. Two or three small fish would be plenty, other choices would include hawkfishes, cardinals, certain wrasses or blennies. Be sure to read my two stickies at the top of this forum for species to avoid and common myths about marine aquariums.
Make this your first purchase:
http://www.amazon.com/Conscientious-Marine-Aquarist-Commonsense-Successful/dp/1890087025
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: