Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My Wish List
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
AquaticHamster
Members

PostPosted: 2008.11.26(Wed)18:14    Post subject: My Wish List Reply with quote

Hello everyone!
This is a follow up on my previous topic which has seem to have died off.
I have just recently rekindled my idea of keeping a reef system. I found my old list and added a few forgotten parts. Every item will be bought from Doctors Foster and Smith for convience and their wide selection of products. Here is the entire list:

Feel free to + or - from the list. It is not finalized and I could definitly use any suggestions. (If you do + anything, please try and make it from Drs. Foster and Smith.com for convience. If anyone has had bad experiences with them, please tell me, Thanks!) I will be adding only soft corals so please add coments around that fact. For fish, I was thinking 2 Clowns (Occelaris), a goby, and another fish or small group (cardinals? chromis?).
For Soft Corals, I was wondering if these would be good:

All Help is Appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance!
perfectblue
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.12.21(Sun)7:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as equipment goes your list looks fine in my opinion. However may I suggest investing in a refractometer instead of a hydrometer? They are very accurate and easy to use. You can purchase one for around $50.

Soft corals should do fine considering your lighting. PowerCompact Fluorescent lighting with also work for keeping Softies. For water movement a total turnover rate of around 20x is best. I prefer having multiple powerheads, creates flow coming from different directions.

Considering the tank size I would keep it to around 3 small fish. A pair of Ocellaris or Percula Clownfish along with a small Goby would work well. A group of Chromis or Cardinals would require a much larger tank. A single Cardinal(Kaudern's, Palama, etc.) can be kept. There pretty hardy and once comfortable with its environment will be out in plain sight most of the time.

Good luck. Smile

2.5 gallon saltwater tank
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: