Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My 29 Gal and 10 Gal
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
LordVolker
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.10.24(Fri)21:23    Post subject: My 29 Gal and 10 Gal Reply with quote

Yay first topic, please excuse me if I'm doing anything wrong. I know forums, +4 years.

To start off, I have a 29 gal and a 10 gal right now I'm my room. I bought the 29 about a month ago, built a homemade stand, set up everything for it ect.... The 10 gal I've had for over 7 or so years now, on and off. I recently decided it was time to upgrade so I did.

The 10 gal currently holds 3 unknown cichlids that I got from my friend, I'm holding them until we decide what to do with them. Hes upgrading to a 55 or something, don't know entirely yet on the tank size, but its gonna be big. I have some slate rocks, and left over gravel from the 29, and some vallisneria in there, most likely dwarf and some java moss. The cichlids are about 5 months old now, still small, under an inch or so.

The 29 holds two on/off breeder angelfish, 2 blue gouramis and one pearl, 7 neons, 4 cherry barbs, two weather loaches and a kulhi. That may be pushing it, but I'm holding the angels for my friend (same one) and gourmis and kulhi for my brother who neglected his tank for so long. They'll be moving out shortly, hopefully. I'm aiming at a planted tank, but not one of those whoop-dee-doo fancy planted ones. My interpertation of a planted tank. Right now amazon sword, vallisneria (again, dwarf) and java moss (its mandatory ya know). Holding two swords from my friend and brother again. It isnt supposed to be like this, the tank itself was ready, but I as planned wasnt. I was going to start stocking up on plants by now and fish, get some lighting in and maybe CO2 (I'll create a journal for this later).

29 Gal

10 Gal (cichlid is zebra like, some yellow at base of dorsal, tail and pectoral fins, black spot mid base of dorsal, they like to stare at me)

Angels and neons (female missing left eye, male got hungry or something)

Smaller weather loach, both under 4 inchs. Love these guys.

Barbs, need more females. Ich attack year ago.

Blue gourami

I got bored.
coryfan
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.10.24(Fri)23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat the cichlids seem to blend in with the rocks.
LordVolker
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.10.25(Sat)14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're little devils. My friend's cousin's fish breed a few months ago and these guys were given to him as a reward for all the water sprite I gave to him to give to his cousin. Its a whole network! Well there were originally 5 of these guys and they didn't make it. I think I might sell them or I might keep them if I can have them, I actually kinda like these guys.
cichlidboy22
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.10.25(Sat)17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

great looking tanks. Make sure you upgrade here soon for those cichlids. I can't tell what type of cichlids those are, I think they are malawi peacocks, but could be anything from that picture.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
('')_('')
LordVolker
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.10.25(Sat)17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see if I can get a better picture of them or a video. And if I do keep them, I figure I have a few more months before they need a bigger tank.

Youtube

Heres a video during feeding time. They seem to stare at me when I walk up to them, food or not, they'll always look at me if I'm within 5 feet or so from the tank.
DOCH
New Members

PostPosted: 2008.10.25(Sat)21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice tank and fish pics lord I have demisoni and electric yellows and peacocks in my tanks
LordVolker
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.10.25(Sat)22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't say which breed they are. I think they are Chitande Peacock cichlids, its the closest thing I can find that resembels them.
mac
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.10.25(Sat)23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Nice tank set-ups.

I personally would not keep a Angel fish in a 29 gallon. It is much more advisable to keep them in a 50 gallon tank. That way there is less a chance of them getting stunted and lessening their life.

Your tank with the Cichlids looks nice.

They look like a American Cichlid. But I can't remeber it's name.

mac
LordVolker
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.10.28(Tue)23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sort of an update right now but no pics, the tanks are off and I don't want to disturbe them. They'll get mad at me, the cichlids have this death stare thats really creepy.

For the 29 gal I attached some of the java moss to my largest piece of bogwood with rubber bands but the angelfish and gouramis seem to be picking the moss off one piece at a time. The loaches are upsetting the gravel for the mini caves I created for them, I give up for now. The Kulhi loach went up the filter at 4 am in the morning, it swam up the downflow, past the plastic mesh and the cartridge to the bowels of the filter. So I was able to get that little guy out and he wasnt hurt and never ventured up there again. And the most tragic event to happen so far. The male angelfish, ate 3 of my new young neon tetras. He has two things on his mind, first sex then food. Thus explaining the loss of the fish and the female's eye.

For the 10 gal the cichlids got fat and plump because I put a little too much food in there, whoops! So I won't feed them for the next day or so until they need another feeding. They uprooted some dwarf val (I call it that because it never grows taller than 3 cm) so I just left it be. On the rocks I removed them a few times to attach java moss to them and they plucked all of it off. So I re did it but with 5 or 6 bands each, hah see if you can take that off now.

I pestered my friend to tell me when he'll get his new tank so I can have an estimated date I can actually start working on my tank, stocking up on fish, planting some plants and getting a new light and maybe a DIY CO2 I prepared. I'll probably update when this happens or when I feel like with some pics and maybe a video if I get around to it. I also work in machinima and I'm currently involved in a lot of projects, both voiceing and actually making. Video projects for school as well for photo class (LOVE that class).

HappyHour Films
Heather R
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2008.10.29(Wed)5:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice looking fish you have. I hate to have to bring it up but your weather loaches need a much larger tank as they grow to be rather big, and also are coldwater fish. Wink
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: