Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Up and Running
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
wigglegerbilsmum
Members

PostPosted: 2009.01.03(Sat)10:22    Post subject: Up and Running Reply with quote

At last got my new tank fully stocked and photographed. Won't bother with captions - I'm sure you can all figure it out. The angel eggs got eaten - AGAIN! The peppers, bristlenoses and FF are camera shy.
orcalover1
Members

PostPosted: 2009.01.03(Sat)13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! nice tank! keep us updated! Smile
CrimsonBlush
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.01.03(Sat)14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful tank! I love your angels!
jeaninel
Members

PostPosted: 2009.01.03(Sat)15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! I love the background.
Bubbles13
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.01.03(Sat)19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your tank is AWESOME! I'm not a big fan of printed backgrounds, but your rock background looks very nice! Where did you get the piece of driftwood that's in there (the big one with the "legs")? I can't seem to find any driftwood like that around where I live. Sad

Your angels make me want to try some of them one of these days! They are simply gorgeous! Well, so are all of your fish! Laughing

I am very jealous of your wonderful tank. Razz One of these days, I will get mine up and running.

Oh, and I gave the 29 gallon that I just got to my SO for his tank for the dojo loaches. I'm still waiting for that "perfect" tank to come along that's about 40 gallons, or a longer 30 gallon tank. The 20 is just too short for what I want to do. But your tank gives me renewed inspiration! Very Happy
BarebackDreamer
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.01.03(Sat)20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice tank! I'd love to have angels some day.

However, I notice you have some cories. Cories do much better with a soft sand substrate instead of gravel. There's been cases of gravel wearing off their barbels, and cories rely on their barbels like a cat relies on its whiskers. A bit more, actually, because cories use theirs to find their food. And they love to bury their heads in sand!
LR
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.01.04(Sun)11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Your tank looks really really cool!

keepup the good work as your fishees will thank you by displaying their best colours. Laughing
KingFisher
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.01.04(Sun)11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, what an awesome looking tank! Good luck with the angels, eventually they will succeed.
Members

PostPosted: 2009.01.04(Sun)18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your kind remarks & encouragement. The angels are quite nice yes, and not nearly as much bother as a lot of people seem to reckon. They do know they're gorgeous however and don't see why I should take photos of anything else in the tank without them getting in on the act! I will try to snap my FF as he is a very handsome fish - I love him. I have read that cories do best on sand but have had most of these for a good few years now and they seem to do fine - the gravel I have is not at all sharp and I hoover it regularly! The giant "bogwood" is not really - it is an aquarium ornament made from resin I think. It looks like an alien! I needed something to disguise the join in the 2 background panels as it was quite obvious. I do like it though and the FF lives (vertically) in the top bit. The backing panels are from Juwel and are quite effective and not so horrendously expensive as some similar products. It was fairly easy to install too. It did get a fair bit of algae on it and wouldn't be easy to clean as it's rough but my 2 baby bristlenoses are doing a grand job.
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: