Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
5.5 gallon betta tanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Bubbles13
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.01.02(Fri)20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I'm AMAZED at the difference in Bettas from chain stores and the Bettas from Thailand. That's just...it's a little sad. But, we love them nonetheless! Very Happy

How much did it cost you (I realize it will be different for Alaska, but I just want a ballpark) to buy your Bettas from Thailand and have them shipped here?

I think Morpheus is my personal favorite, but then again, I have a thing for half-moons. Laughing They are all absoLUTEly gorgeous, though!
sinkcolinsink
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.01.04(Sun)13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very beautiful tanks. What kind of filtration, lighting, and heating are you running on them?
Shai
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.01.04(Sun)21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbles13 wrote:
How much did it cost you (I realize it will be different for Alaska, but I just want a ballpark) to buy your Bettas from Thailand and have them shipped here?

When I priced out importing from Thailand it worked out to about $100 for one betta. You can get multiple fish in the same order for the same cost of shipping (to a certain number of fish) though. In my case the transshipper is on the opposite side of the country from me and the distance factored into the shipping cost--too expensive for my blood.

Your best bet is to price it out based specifically on the seller and their transhipper (they'll have their rates posted).
Jacko
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2009.01.04(Sun)21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your closest transhipper will probably be Jeff Wilson in Seattle and the trip up to alaska plus heating, plus random add ons and all that stuff probably would cost 30 dollars for one fish, maybe add 10 dollars for each next, I'd guesstimate. Always guess on the high side, so you're happier when it turns out being lower than you expected. Wink
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.01.04(Sun)21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. Thanks. Will do! Sounds like Aquabid will be a ways off...for me anyways. But one day I will have my Aquabid Betta!
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: