Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Set up for a 3 gal tank
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jisty Morelove
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.01.29(Thu)16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 very last word from me Wink

I'm sure you already realise ladybug, but just to clarify my opinion..

My opinion was purely base on the information supplied in the linked thread, and nothing was meant again'st your good self ladybug. I apologize if I have offended yourself or anyone with my opinion Wink

Jisty Morelove
LadyBug
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.01.29(Thu)16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jisty Morelove wrote:
1 very last word from me Wink

I'm sure you already realise ladybug, but just to clarify my opinion..

My opinion was purely base on the information supplied in the linked thread, and nothing was meant again'st your good self ladybug. I apologize if I have offended yourself or anyone with my opinion Wink

Jisty Morelove

it's fine, to be honest I spaced when I linked it that the stocking for a 1/2 gallon was there. plus I tend to sort through info with my head and if something is waay to far out there then I just go "OK, that's nuts. next piece of info..." and move on. I should have put something in my original post, I opened myself up to potential flaming and I know it. you guys were a lot nicer about it then you could have been.
I hope I didn't offend anyone with what I said either Wink
Osprey
Advisors

PostPosted: 2009.01.29(Thu)22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was rather relieved to see your response!
Yes, I agree that, especially on the internet, you should double and triple-check facts. I don't often visit reefcentral anymore, just because the server's so slooooooww... but I visit a few different sites. www.canreef.com (for Canadian Reefers) is a favorite. So is www.wetwebmedia.com (The article section there is almost always the most reliable and exhaustive source for independent researchers!).
Don't forget to order books in via the local library, either. I've been slowly building my own personal collection of books, after browsing them thoroughly for free. Wink

I still stand by what I said about little tanks, though. I know way too many experienced salties who have forsworn them because of how unstable they are. It's rare to see a pico outlast a year. And I know that I personally could never find someone I'd trust to look after a pico while I was gone on vacation. By contrast, a large tank is relatively maintenance free; I just put out some made-up top up water and ask the neighbours to fill the tank every few days.
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: