Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Black Moor Goldfish Help, Please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Cliff Mayes
Advisors

PostPosted: 2008.12.31(Wed)8:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timers are just are an easy method for keeping a standard lighting period on the tank. No room is truly dark so when the Sun come up there is light in the tank (not to mention the Moon.) Some folk are going so far as to put lunar LEDs on the tank to ensure some light at all times both for viewing purposes and to reassure the Fish.

Many tanks are left unpainted so it is not a requirement but I just enjoy the appearance of a dark background.

There is no easy way to care for pets when you are not there. Fish seem to survive extended periods without food being put in but I do not know if this is good or not. I have heard storys of friends and relatives overfeeding and doing favors by cleaning thereby perpetrating disasters in tanks so I am leery about novices fooling with my tanks. Take your pick, nothing is perfect.
RedTiger
Members

PostPosted: 2009.01.04(Sun)10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

mandle wrote:
You didn't ask ME this but I will answer anyways. Tanks generally look better if at least one side (back) of the tank is covered either with a background or simply painted. This helps by hiding any cords/filters/tubes etc that are hanging down the back and it also makes the fish feel safer to have a solid wall where no danger is lurking. If you really hate the painted tank feel free to remove it as long as you purchase a printed back drop to cover the back (there are some really attractive styles on sale - just make sure you measure the height and width of the back of the tank before you shop!)

oh. very interesting. thanks! right now he's got a mirrored background.
RedTiger
Members

PostPosted: 2009.01.04(Sun)11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedTiger wrote:
Cliff Mayes wrote:
The light timer is a necessity. Get it. The new Power Strip combinations are great! My brother was complaining the other day about not being able to buy a Plain Jane Stereo. I laughed. Modern Electronics are made with all the bells and whistles contained therein because we can do them inexpensively and you need not use them if you do not want to. So everything is included, 'cause it

Last edited by RedTiger on 2009.01.04(Sun)11:05; edited 1 time in total
RedTiger
Members

PostPosted: 2009.01.04(Sun)11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliff Mayes wrote:
Timers are just are an easy method for keeping a standard lighting period on the tank. No room is truly dark so when the Sun come up there is light in the tank (not to mention the Moon.) Some folk are going so far as to put lunar LEDs on the tank to ensure some light at all times both for viewing purposes and to reassure the Fish.

Many tanks are left unpainted so it is not a requirement but I just enjoy the appearance of a dark background.

There is no easy way to care for pets when you are not there. Fish seem to survive extended periods without food being put in but I do not know if this is good or not. I have heard storys of friends and relatives overfeeding and doing favors by cleaning thereby perpetrating disasters in tanks so I am leery about novices fooling with my tanks. Take your pick, nothing is perfect.

my son has a friend who has a small goldfish that is kept in a small plastic bowl. Sad I wouldn't trust just anybody with our fish, either and I am the novice. Wink.

I'll keep without the light timer for now. thanks so much!!
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Jump to: