Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Suggestion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic

Did you see the options below a new thread for polls?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 22

CAllain
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.08.19(Tue)5:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrimsonBlush wrote:
I thought polls would be helpful in such situations as "Is Eco-Complete or plant soil or just plain gravel the best option option for my tank" etc.

They can be, but it can also be just as helpful to ask the question as that way you'll get more feedback and more discussion.

Anyone could reply one answer to the poll when they may not have a clue, whereas if they're replying in a post they'll have to explain the answer and that helps the original poster make a more informed decision.

The poll is more useful for things like "do you prefer..." questions, which are more often just for fun anyway.
Nova_C
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2008.08.19(Tue)8:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, 62% have voted "No" in the poll so far. Everyone's a comedian. Smile
Bubbles13
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.12.30(Tue)22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with CrimsonBlush as well as CAllain.

If a moderator is not on when you want to add a poll, it could be a while. And, if anyone's like me...I forget. And don't tell me to write it down because I will forget where I wrote it.

But I also don't want someone just answering my poll all willy-nilly and being that make-or-break vote that pushes the results one way, but it may nit really be the right way.

Hmm... I would still think that having a temporary time period for us to have poll-creation abilities again would be a nice test. I like to think that the people on the forum are mature and won't abuse the polling privileges. Just a trial period with the understanding that if the temporary privilege is abused, the privilege gets taken away from us. And if it works out, maybe we could have them back?
susankatomerit
Advisors

PostPosted: 2008.12.31(Wed)0:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather not see the polls available to just anyone, to post a poll on just anything. I have seen some of the craziest polls on fish forums.

There is usually a mod that will be on the board at sometime during the day so its not like having to wait for days. Pms are usually answered pretty fast. Most of the time that I have came on here there has always been a mod online. Very few times theres not. Holidays can and will be an exception to the rule as they do have lives of their own and just donate their time to the forums.
nes999
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.03.27(Fri)17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

maby once your a regular member so maby even father like 1k posts so you know that people won't abuse but then again people might post spam to get that 1k
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: