Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
constructive criticism?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
IrishCichlid
New Members

PostPosted: 2008.07.20(Sun)4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilikefish wrote:
I don't worry about people (IrishCichlid included) that are being rude Smile I think, and this is just my opinion, they are rude because there is something in their life that is not right for them and they can't seem to be able to fix it, so they try to pass the misery onto others , its really kind of sad

Thanks for the Dr Phil 20 second analysis, very accurate. I was merely pointing out that this is a poor environment for the fish. They will become stressed out and show very little colour.

I still stand by my opinion about the tank. Would you prefer me to humour you by saying that your tank is just the ideal environment for fish because it simply is not.

Would you prefer another "Disney" reply from me like the rest of the sheep.
"Oh your tank is awesome" "Cool Tank" "Don't listen to that guy, we all love your tank".

If you don't want an honest opinion don't post pictures of your tank.
mac
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.07.20(Sun)22:56    Post subject: hi, Reply with quote

Hi ilikefish,
I love your attitude. Something every one could learn. Your wife must have the best husband in the world. Love reading the way you have written your replies.
Keep it up
Cheers,
mac
IrishCichlid
New Members

PostPosted: 2008.07.21(Mon)5:41    Post subject: Re: hi, Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Your wife must have the best husband in the world.

That is the funniest thing I've ever read on a fish forum. Made me cringe....... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Anyway, My apologies for my rudeness. I will keep my honest opinions to myself and will complement each and every tank I see on the site.

I'm glad your fish are healthy and happy, my idea of fishkeeping is different to yours. We will have to agree to disagree.
ilikefish
Members

PostPosted: 2008.07.21(Mon)6:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again to all opinions of my set up Smile IrishCichlid, No worries! Smile You don't have to complement each and every tank Rolling Eyes I really mean it when I say that all opinions are welcome, especially honest ones! Very Happy but remember that being "honest" doesn't/shouldnt equal being rude Wink That being said I too agree to disagree. Wink Smile Friends?
Heather R
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2008.07.21(Mon)6:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishCichlid wrote:
ilikefish wrote:
I don't worry about people (IrishCichlid included) that are being rude Smile I think, and this is just my opinion, they are rude because there is something in their life that is not right for them and they can't seem to be able to fix it, so they try to pass the misery onto others , its really kind of sad

Thanks for the Dr Phil 20 second analysis, very accurate. I was merely pointing out that this is a poor environment for the fish. They will become stressed out and show very little colour.

I still stand by my opinion about the tank. Would you prefer me to humour you by saying that your tank is just the ideal environment for fish because it simply is not.

Would you prefer another "Disney" reply from me like the rest of the sheep.
"Oh your tank is awesome" "Cool Tank" "Don't listen to that guy, we all love your tank".

If you don't want an honest opinion don't post pictures of your tank.

Honesty is nice, people want to hear what other's really think but you could have been not so overly rude. By saying "That is the ugliest tank I have ever seen" you may scare off new members. Next time, try to be a little more easy like " I don't care for colored gravel, it's not a natural environment and will stress the fish overtime"

Doesen't that sound nicer and yet still get the point across? Wink

Here at AoA we like honest feedback, but not nasty feedback. You don't have to keep your opinion to yourself, but first think, how does that sound? Is it rude or helpful. Thats all.
Very Happy

Anyway, to the original poster, I like the layout of the tank, the bamboo is a nice touch. I also don't care for brightly colored gravel, but that is just me. I think a nice black sand or dark gravel/river stones would look more appealing and more natural.

I had "clown puke" gravel back in the day too. I don't think there are many of us who can honestly say that for a first tank we did not have some oddly colored gravel, until we learned better.
IrishCichlid
New Members

PostPosted: 2008.07.21(Mon)7:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm truly sorry my fishy friends, there's something in my life that I can't fix and I've passing the misery on to others all over the internet.

Heather, I'd much rather by brutally honest than to beat around the bush. This is the real world where there are nice people (all of you) and mean people (me).

Jebus loves me for who I am, that's what matters to me.
ilikefish
Members

PostPosted: 2008.07.21(Mon)7:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so my last post fell on deaf ears. Its cool, we don't have to be freinds, we can just continue the "agree to disagree" thing Smile or better yet Ill just ignore you, in light of your reply I think itll be better that way. Have a nice life Wink
IrishCichlid
New Members

PostPosted: 2008.07.21(Mon)8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had a dollar for every emoticon used in this thread I'd be a rich (but ultimately a sad) man.

Ah, Ilikefish, I'm only having a laugh with ya. I thought a person with the humour to put pink & blue gravel in a fish tank would be able to appreciate a good laugh. Rolling Eyes

Chill out my fishy friends. Have you not got real things to worry about in life?

The lord has blessed us with the internet so that we could spread his gospel and rejoice in his glory. Hallelujah!!
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.07.22(Tue)3:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is turning out to be one of the strangest I have seen for a while Laughing

anyway, I think you should pay attention to what didemhill siad, I didn't think of it, but the deep gravel could be a problem...although like she (is a she right? Laughing ) said, theres a fairly simple sollution.
mac
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.07.22(Tue)3:26    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi,

Flame Angel wrote:
This thread is turning out to be one of the strangest I have seen for a while Laughing

anyway, I think you should pay attention to what didemhill siad, I didn't think of it, but the deep gravel could be a problem...although like she (is a she right? Laughing ) said, theres a fairly simple sollution.

I totally agree with Flame Angel and didemhill, that the gravel is very deep. Making it hard to clean.

I like honesty. But there is a point where it dose get offensive.

Very strange thread. Laughing Wink
Cheers,
mac
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: