Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
pathetic Ads
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Site Issues  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Post new topic
Trill the man
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.06.18(Wed)5:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason L - ouch...
deborah_claro
Advisors

PostPosted: 2008.06.18(Wed)7:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heather2128 wrote:
Quote:
Ah, well I didn't see it because I don't pay attention to the ads, but I can see what you're saying.
I don't see what he's saying at all. Perhaps it's his choice of words that's bothering me.
krt wrote:
Quote:
I understand ANY fish or aquarium related ads on this site but a christian dating service?! c'mon that's just silly and kind of pathetic. I hope you (Marcos) have some sort of say as to what ads google puts up here.
"Silly" and "pathetic" are a very poor choice of words, and reflect an extreme prejudice - which I don't like to see. When I see an objection to an ad from a commercial lender, then I'll believe this statement:
Quote:
Before anyone jumps down my throat, it would be just as bad if it were a buddhist dating service, an ad for a mortgage lender or penis pills as they have nothing to do with the content on this site at all.
Right now it just seems like there's an objection to the idea of "Christian."
There's nothing much to worry about, though - as Marcos says, they are sure to move on.
Heather2128
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.06.18(Wed)7:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Deborah, I thought that the post was prejudiced, too, but as krt seemed so defensive, I conceeded so as to not start anything. but I shouldn't have.
krt
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.06.18(Wed)8:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^lol.. I was trying to tip-toe around blasting it for it's Christian affiliation in my original post, I made comment because of its lack of cohesiveneness for this site. Now that you have brought it up though, I am/was actually offended that it segregates against non-christians. What if I wanted to find love online? Where would I go, whatever shall I do?

I suppose with some deep thought I can understand the desire some people might have to find others of the same belief system to date although I personally find it silly, especially in Christianity as Jesus' main message (IMO), seemed to be one of tolerence and love which you would think would make this segregated ad supreme nonsense.

-K
Heather2128
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.06.18(Wed)8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose if you WANTED to go on a Christion dating site, you could. I'm sure there's a dating site for everyone. I have never thought it was OK to blast anyone for their religious beliefs. I especially dislike condescending attitudes towards others' religions. I am Christian, and my boss is Jewish, and guess what? We get along wonderfully.
flyjawn
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.06.18(Wed)9:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am confused... where's the prejudice in the OP?

seems silly to make such a big deal of this. he was asking why there are silly ill suited ads on a fishkeeping site. seems fair.
Heather2128
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.06.18(Wed)9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one is making a "big deal" out of it. if you're confused, that's too bad. I found it pretty easy to follow. Rolling Eyes
flyjawn
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.06.18(Wed)9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heather2128 wrote:
No one is making a "big deal" out of it. if you're confused, that's too bad. I found it pretty easy to follow. Rolling Eyes

I'm glad you're not defensive or anything... Rolling Eyes
Heather2128
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.06.18(Wed)9:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yawn. I'm not going to continue this...
krt
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.06.18(Wed)11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deborah & Heather- I never blasted anyone's religious beliefs nor did I make any condescending remarks about them, if you chose to read into them that way, seek help. Don't try to villify me. You may just have too much free time on your hands, try a hobby.. I hear fishkeeping is nice.

-Kurt
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: