Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My 6 tanks. 75G, 60, 20, 15, 10, 10
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jason L
Advisors

PostPosted: 2008.05.03(Sat)0:43    Post subject: My 6 tanks. 75G, 60, 20, 15, 10, 10 Reply with quote

It has been a while since I posted on some of my tanks, and there has been a whole bunch of changes and some newish tanks that I haven't posted yet.

This is my newest tank, kinda. I recently switched out my planted 75G to my 60G Rift tank. The african cichlids are now kept in the 75, planted is now in the 60.

75G Malawi Tank, which will be a 135G in the fall.
Specs
Lighting - twin tube 18000k and 6700k
Filtration - Aquaclear 110, Aquatech 60, HOT Magnum
Heating - 1 300W visitherm deluxe
Substrate - white quartz silica sand

Decor - 60 pounds of coral, few java ferns
Fish - 1 P. Crabro, 5 P. Acei "Luwala", 6 P. Elongatus "Chewere", 3 Petrotilapia Chitimba, 1 OB Peacock, 1 P. Zebra X

Full tank

Newest additions! Pseudotropheus Elongatus "Chewere" They are already beginning to colour up.

This is my new/old 60G planted. It is a low light/low tech tank that has been running for almost 2 years now.

This is the most recent pic I have, I am not happy with the look since the switch.

Lighting - 104 watts of 6700k lighting
Filtration - Rena Filstar XP4
Heating - 1 200W visitherm deluxe
Substrate - pea gravel
Fish - 2 Bristle Bristlenose Pleco, 15 Columbian Tetras, 3 Bolivian Rams, 3 SAE, 1 Koi Angel, 1 Black Marble Veil Tale Angel, 1 Leopard Angel, 2 Keyhole Cichlids, 4 female bettas, 1 male betta, 6 otocinclus
Plants - Anubias Barteri, Anubias Nana, Amazon Sword, Java Fern, Giant Red Rotala, Giant Hygrophila, Water Sprite, Green Camboba, Lobelia, Tiger Lotus, etc.

20 Gallon planted, high light

Lighting - 48W t5 HO 6700k
Filtration - 1 aquaclear 30
Heating - 1 100W visitherm
CO2 - 30 to 35 ppm DIY CO2, 2x2L 1x1L botles
Ferts - As per Estimative Index
Substrate - Fine gravel

Fauna
20 Neons, 4 Otocinclus, 1 Red Honey Gourami, 1 Florida Flag Fish, 1 very old platy, 2 Red Ramshorn Snails, 2 Zebra Nerite Snails

Flora
Willisii Crypt, Java Fern, Anubias Afzelii, Ludwigia, Anubias Nana, Giant Hyrophila (Hygrophila corymbosa), Narrow Leaf Micro Sword (Lilaeopsis mauritius)

15G planted
Pair of Gold Rams and 9 rummynose

10G betta 1

10G Betta 2

The occupant

Well thats all of them for now! I hope you enjoyed the photos. I welcome any questions or constructive criticism.

Last edited by Jason L on 2008.05.03(Sat)21:55; edited 1 time in total
MCHRKiller
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.05.03(Sat)6:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice tanks Smile I expecially like your betta in the first 10G
BarebackDreamer
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.05.03(Sat)9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's bamboo in the second betta tank, I'm afraid it's going to rot. They don't do well in deep water.
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2008.05.03(Sat)10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice collection! Smile

I especially liked the double-island layout of your mbuna tank. Sooo much more interesting than the typical "rock wall"...

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
Jason L
Advisors

PostPosted: 2008.05.06(Tue)22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

The bamboo is only in there because the container it was in got smashed and I haven't been bothered to get another. The best part was picking up hundreds of glass shards and gravel. Just when you think you have it all, you are pulling a piece out of your foot!

The betta is my favourite, although his yellow colouration has faded a bit with age.

The Mbuna tank has had a few re-scapes', and I am almost happy with the overall look. I have a added some vals and crypts in the empty spot between the two "islands", and I will post some pics soon.
Jacko
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2008.05.06(Tue)23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason L wrote:
Just when you think you have it all, you are pulling a piece out of your foot!

I hate that so much, last week I broke a lightbulb (stupid thing, the lightbulb burnt out and I tried to replace it right then with another, the thing was hot and I burnt myself and dropped it, it smashed bad) in my room and just yesterday I stepped on a shard after I vacuumed twice, got a pretty nice cut off of that. Rolling Eyes

I love all those tanks! The african cichlid tank is wonderful, so are all the others. The lotus in the big 65 gallon look awesome, I wish I could find some lotus just for that purpose. Very Happy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.05.07(Wed)3:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of plant is the red 'spiky' one in the 2nd betta tank?

Love the bettas and that malawi tank is the nicest unplanted tank I've seen in a long while. Great job with the planted tanks too!

Kylie
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2008.05.07(Wed)7:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing tanks. Your 15G look bigger than that in the photo. I guess it's because you have done such nice job with the aquascaping.

Love the malawi tank! Gorgeous.

I hear you about the glass, I am still stepping on tiny shards from a glass I dropped 2 years ago. You'd think by now, I would have got it all. Confused
Jason L
Advisors

PostPosted: 2008.05.07(Wed)9:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacko

That Lotus is a PITA. I have to trim it almost daily so that it doesn't block out the rest of the plants. I actually thought about removing it, but the root system took up most of the tank; good thing I have a deep substrate.

kb46

The red plant in the center of the 2nd betta tank is a Rotala rotundifolia.

Thanks for the compliments everyone! It is very rewarding to be able to share my tanks with people that appreciate them. Most people I know could care less about fishkeeping.
LR
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.05.07(Wed)15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason, wow, you have amazing tanks Very Happy you've done a great job with all your aqua scapes!

you're plants look superb! Can I ask - how do you get your micro sword to grow so well? because I have some brazillian micro sword have had it for a while now, I've read that within a few months it should have grown dramatically and filled a large chunk of the aquarium. but I've had no luck - they look as if they have shrivelled up and died and all have algae growing on them.

I especially like your blue betta, a fantastic fish. well done with all you're tanks, a great set!
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: