Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Split posts...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
nikelodeon79
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.05.15(Thu)15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacko wrote:
Actually, for the longest time I thought that her avatar was a Mogwai. Laughing The things that turn into gremlins (<-- My avatar!)if you feed them after midnight...

So did I! Like Gizmo, right??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Jacko
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2008.05.15(Thu)15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly like Gizmo! So I'm not the only crazy one!

I just wish I could remember the plot to the movie, haven't seen it in years and all I remember are the gremlins and mogwai. lol
But Blockbuster never has it. Sad
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.05.15(Thu)16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troll dolls and creatures are the same in the same way corydoras and plecos are the same.

Troll Dolls:

Norn:

[EDIT; photos of personal nature removed by Mod Dus]
Jacko
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2008.05.15(Thu)19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't become to imagine how hard I just laughed Slimy!

However, I see no difference between male and female Norn... is there one?
And I'm guessing that that must be a collection of your own trolls? Very nice family you got going there Slimy. Wink
I'd show pictures of my sister's Troll dolls, but I must say, not many of them made it past my 10-12 year old range and a joy with firecrackers/bottlerockets.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.05.15(Thu)19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

The female has eyelashes. You have to look close, but they're there.

Though, I'm not sure how that evokes femininity. I've seen guys with better lashes than most women. Laughing
Slimy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.05.15(Thu)22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacko wrote:
And I'm guessing that that must be a collection of your own trolls? Very nice family you got going there Slimy. Wink

Actually I do have a troll doll. It's a mini one like this one, but with bright red hair:

It was given to me in college by my best friend and it lived in my car's steering wheel for a good 5 years (the center of the steering wheel in the vw rabbit had a secret hiding space.) I was very glad to remember it and get it out before I traded in the car. Now it lives in my truck Razz
wadenator
Members

PostPosted: 2008.05.15(Thu)22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's really sad is that at my work (I work at a high school as a math/science tutor) I ran into a kid doing this packet learning about dichotomous keys to determine species. And they had to do follow a key to determine different fake species of those creatures in her avatar. Needless to say after I stopped laughing, it put me in an irrationally sour mood because it made me think of Theresa instead of focusing on helping my student. Just thought I'd share that funny little tid bit. Laughing
Jason L
Advisors

PostPosted: 2008.05.15(Thu)22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Theresa doesn't offer anything useful, actually she is here only to feel important (that is her goal, but she sure isn't impressing me, you maybe).

Definitely not impressing me. I just am at a loss on how to deal with her anymore. I tried being rude, forceful and even nice; although it was difficult to do so. She even ruined my "6 tanks" photo album entry with arrogant responses after asking ME a question. I am not a Mod, only an Advisor who is trying to do my best to ensure that people get the best, most accurate info I can provide. I have tried everything short of completely ignoring her, which is my next step.
keeno
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.05.16(Fri)3:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacko, what's the name of the movie anyway?

I think that Theresa isn't really trying to ruin threads, but her personality is kind of... paranoid. She seems afraid that what she said might be wrong and she tries to makes sure that people think that she is right so that she isn't embarrased. Although there are these incidents when she offends others by accident, she has been a constructive member of the board in other areas. Let's not flame her too much, please.

Maybe is we were a bit more civil we could sort this out without name-calling and blaming, like what is happening now and what happened last time this was brought up. Mad
Jason L
Advisors

PostPosted: 2008.05.16(Fri)6:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe is we were a bit more civil we could sort this out without name-calling and blaming, like what is happening now and what happened last time this was brought up.

Seriously? We have all tried to be nice and civil, but enough is enough. It doesn't help...
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: