Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Split posts...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Theresa1
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.05.13(Tue)12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusko wrote:

You don't understand that people have their personal goals.

Nono, I do. And I didn't say "don't spend a lot of money!", did I? Smile I just said it is possible for everybody. And it was asked for equipment, so....

I only read here many times "OK, I want to get plants, what do I have to do?", if you just want _plants_ it really isn't that hard. I think keeping fish alive (in general speaking!) is much harder than keeping plants alive (in general again).

I guess I should always also claim the thoughts I have behing posting certain things. Wink

Quote:
sorry I deleted one of your posts by mistake

If I would be mean, I would say: "Sure it was no accident?" Wink But I am not mean and I believe you anyway. Is it lost for good?
Dusko
Moderators

PostPosted: 2008.05.13(Tue)16:39    Post subject: Do you need constant attention? Reply with quote

NOTE!!! I am not talking here as a Moderator now, but a simple mortal human being Laughing

Somehow you always succeed in twisting threads (which aren't yours by the way) upside down.
Actually, I can't help but feel that you are in seek for attention in peoples threads.
No matter what it is about, you make thread members talk about you (instead of discussing the actual matter) and apologise to you and try to make you feel good and so on and so fort.

For example, JasonL said he thinks your planted tanks look nice. Which was nice from him.
I know people can have different taste.
I personally think your tanks look chaotic, far from nice (MY OPINION).
And I think your plants could look much better if they would get all nutrients needed.
Most of your hard to keep plants look leggy. Reason; They are trying to reach to the surface, in "hope" to reach for the atmospheric CO2, and you state plants don't need extra CO2. Well some does, and your plants are talking to you, all you have to do is recognise the symptoms.

You are obsessed with "European" low light (one fluorescent tube tanks) planted tanks which thrive. Cool, your choice, even I maintain such scapes, no questions.
But you have problems in understanding what lies behind the Hi-Tech Hi-Light aquascaping.

But hey, what am I doing Laughing I am going a bit off topic here.
I was thinking to discuss your need for attention here on this forum.
I find it irritating when you jump into a thread and tare it apart. The whole thread simply turn at you. And to me, you aren't interesting.
So far you have been a member on this board I didn't receive (directly nor indirectly) any useful info.
Instead you go against ways that you never even tried/tested your self.
You are only offering your layman's philosophy on how "you think that is useless stuff" and so on.

If you check the Cichlid Forum, you will probably find only 2-3 posts by me. Why? Because I am not that experienced with Cichlids. And for that reason I don't write about it.
You should do the same in the Planted forum. If you don't know what you are talking about, it is better or ignore the thread or simply wait for someone experienced to chime in so (who knows) you might also learn something new.

In my opinion you are not on this forum to share experiences so we could learn from each other. You have a strange attitude (my way or the highway) which I don't support at all.
I also feel (as I stated before) that you are mainly focused in getting attention (attention seeker) for some reason (which only you know and I am not interested what that might be).

All I can say is PLEASE STOP doing that, it's pathetic and you are ruining threads. Stop turning attention towards your self, instead stay on the topic and talk about stuff you already tested your self, not just repeating how single tubed low light tanks are all plants will ever need.

Dusko
Advisors

PostPosted: 2008.05.15(Thu)8:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For example, JasonL said he thinks your planted tanks look nice. Which was nice from him.

I have become very sick of fighting with Theresa; I only paid a compliment to help diffuse the situation. I was hoping by doing so, the thread would get back on track and with nothing to fight about, Theresa would just leave it be. I am tired of answering the same questions and defending my answers over and over again.
deborah_claro
Advisors

PostPosted: 2008.05.15(Thu)9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone recognized Theresa's avatar?

Back in the day, this character was known as a Troll. All the kids had one; they came with all kinds of different colored hair, and they were always naked. Later, they were available with little outfits.

I am old enough to remember them, and I had one with pink hair.

A few years ago, their popularity revived, and the tiny versions became popular, briefly. My kids gave me one for a Christmas present.

I think it's significant that Theresa uses a Troll for her avatar, don't you?

Wink
Moderators

PostPosted: 2008.05.15(Thu)10:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I only paid a compliment to help diffuse the situation.

I know that Jason L Smile it just says how bigger person you are.
On the other hand I am not (or lets say, not anymore). I am sick and tired when someone just enter the thread like an Elephant and knocks all the shelves around without saying sorry and do you mind.
Well, let me answer, YES I DO MIND.

I wish to have quality discussions here on Aqua Hobby, and not to pet members that need constant attention and get easily offended (Theresa or not, could be anyone similar).

Sorry, even though I can understand people like Theresa, I simply don't want to go into members personal emotional needs. For that I have; wife, family, relatives, friends, and sometimes good working colleagues, BUT NOT AoA forum members.
OK, even here you could get emotional with members alike, but only over the PM, imo.

There is so much we can discuss in this hobby that has not been discussed earlier on not discussed enough, or simply, issues not understood properly, etc.

e.g. at the moment I am very much into understanding the substrate a bit better, it's acidification over time and anaerobic areas forming. How to reduce eutrophication, acid build-up, anaerobic gases etc.

Can I expect from Theresa to help me in understanding these issues better??
She will probably run in with something like "why bothering about these things, my aquarium functions well since I was kid...etc"
Theresa doesn't offer anything useful, actually she is here only to feel important (that is her goal, but she sure isn't impressing me, you maybe).
She is one of those persons which just don't get it, just don't want to know when enough is enough!!

Regards, Dusko
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.05.15(Thu)10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Has anyone recognized Theresa's avatar?

yeah I know it my friends used to have them Very Happy
Slimy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.05.15(Thu)11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually her avatar is from the 'Creatures' video game and it's not a troll doll. It was one of the first games about raising and growing a creature with a unique personality and to really dwell into a learning AI. Worked well most of the times...
CAllain
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.05.15(Thu)11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I'm a bit fed up of seeing this. I have to deal with little issues like this all the time, and I feel sometimes, some comments etc are best to just ignore, and get back to the topic. Some people at work make specific comments, which sometimes can or are even meant to upset you. I find the best way to deal with it, is to ignore it and carry on with what I was doing. Why can't we all do this?

It's obvious some of you have an issue with the way Theresa says some things, and you've already made her aware, so IMO there's not much else you can do by nagging on about it. Just ignore those comments and respond to the other posters instead.
deborah_claro
Advisors

PostPosted: 2008.05.15(Thu)13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Actually her avatar is from the 'Creatures' video game and it's not a troll doll.
Slimy, I believe you but I am certain the "Creatures" character was adapted from the Troll doll. It has to be - look at it. There's not an original idea about it; it's almost a straight copy.

CAllain, I know what you mean and you have made a good point. However, this post was split to Site Issues just for the reason you state - to get it away from the legitimate thread. The people who are posting here feel the need. They do not want their hard work in the regular forums to be adulterated with yet another go-round with a contentious poster. It's very frustrating.

This is a good place for people to air their views, as long as the rules of posting etiquette are followed.
Very Happy
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2008.05.15(Thu)15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, for the longest time I thought that her avatar was a Mogwai. Laughing The things that turn into gremlins (<-- My avatar!)if you feed them after midnight...

I must admit, I have some issues with what I have been told/seen and heard from Theresa but for the most part, I haven't seen what you guys speak of, because really, I have no clue about plants or equipment and for the most part stay out of those sections.
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: