Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Nishikigoi
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Frog
Members

PostPosted: 2008.04.11(Fri)16:49    Post subject: Nishikigoi Reply with quote

Unlikely, however, a real history of carps Nishikigoi reproduction in a 200L (50 gallon) aquarium. Surprised
I had 2 carps nishikigois (about 20 cm long and two years old) in September of 2005.

I had doubts on the sex of the carps and I found the following definition:
The male reaches the sexual maturity to the 2 years old (he has head and the pectoral fin larger) and the female at the 3 years old (body full with full abdomen). She spawns 200 thousand to 400 thousand eggs it generally happens only 1 time or in 3 stages, being later 1 month. The was born happens among 4 to 7 days.
Applying this definition reached the following conclusion: Female: tricolor and male: yellowish white.
Between September and December of 2006 with approximately 30 cm and it surrounds 3 years old in a aquarium of 200L, the tricolor carp confirmed its sexuality it spawned for 3 times and the male also confirmed his sexuality, fertilizing the eggs. In the first spawn I got scared with the great amount of eggs, the river fine gravel from bottom aquarium ( with 100X40 cm) was totally covered with eggs and glued as plates glued by the eggs. I found in the literature that the carps can spawn 100,000 eggs/kg of weight of the body. I didn't get to count. However, I agreed with these numbers. I had problems with the quality of the water, which became cloudy due to decomposition of great part of the eggs. I started to do 20% water changes daily, I removed great part of the gravel and I washed out of the aquarium and I still started to use coal activated in the filters. In one week the problem was solved.

I separated some eggs, which were glued in stones, filters lids and plastic plants placed in the spawn day, in basins and small aquarium. These fly were born between 3 to 5 days after each it spawns. The fry was initially fed with Sea-Monkeys nauplios and later with pond sticks grind.

See any fry with 15 days old everybody with the same color and the belly full with Sea-Monkeys nauplios.

Any fry with 30 days old: already began to appear some black spots

The red, yellow and white spots colors only appeared in juvenile carps between 2 and 3 months old.

Many carps remained with the same color or they became prettier until today (18 months old), however, others that seemed that would be pretty, they became totally white after 9 months.
A juvenile carp with 3 months old

Now: the same juvenile carp with 17 months old.

I donated the carp
Barchef
Regulars

Location: It changed but I'm not telling you where silly children. :)

PostPosted: 2008.05.16(Fri)21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow awsome koi!
MackEmmons
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.05.19(Mon)4:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, and nice pics.
ernie
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.07.07(Mon)2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is such an awesome diary of the carps breeding Very Happy Very nice pics and congrats!

Cheers
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.03.21(Sat)6:49    Post subject: carps Reply with quote

I would like to know how could I find out if I have some carps on my pond or how could I get it, I read an article that you should have @ least 4 or 5 carps in your pond with the other koi. Also how could I know in kois which one are male & female. I'm new in this thing about koi and I want to learn from the experts, specially you frog
Courtney
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.06.04(Thu)4:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, vey nice. It must be interesting to watch them grow.

Two Jack Russell Terriers ~ Rocky & Jack
Five Chinchillas
One Indian Ringneck Parrot
Three Fish Tanks
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: