Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Aquasafe or Stress Coat?
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Reply to topic   Post new topic
User29
New Members

PostPosted: 2008.03.21(Fri)11:58    Post subject: Aquasafe or Stress Coat? Reply with quote

Hello all, new to the board,

I have been a longtime user of Aquasafe by Tetra. I've read and have seen a lot of references to the API line (Stress Coat and Stress Zyme).

I'm curious of everyone's opinion in regards to these product's. Which do you prefer? And why?
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2008.03.21(Fri)13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stress Coat is at least as effective as aquasafe and is about 5 - 7 times cheaper to use. Other dechlorinators worth considering are Haloex and Aqua Plus.

Stress zyme shouldn't be needed.
cheese-737
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.21(Fri)18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I use API Stress coat after using AquaSafe primarily because of price and found out that API made my Tetras "shinier". I use this in conjunction with stress zyme, because it is packed with beneficial bacteria. This bacteria speeds up cylce time, and enhances the efficiency of your biological filter. I noticed that my tank is less dirty between the normal weekly water change. I have been loyal to tetra for quite some time, but API seems to be the ticket for me. Hope this helps... Very Happy
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: