Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My Idea for a Goldfish Tank, is it safe?
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Kaz21
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.20(Thu)23:48    Post subject: My Idea for a Goldfish Tank, is it safe? Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,
I'm thinking my 3rd tank to set up will be a goldfish tank with 3 goldfish in it.
I am leaning towards putting in a Bubble Eye (my favorite type), a Black Moor and something else that would be compatable I would like help here.
I was wondering if this is a good mix and if they (because they are slow moving goldfish) could be kept in a 100L tank if they are bought small and if I could mix in a small school of white clouds (like 5-6).
I would provide good filtration, live plants, and everything I need to add for these fish.
Is there anything I should know?
ACE
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.24(Mon)3:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaz21,

Your choices of goldfish seem to be alright and the third could be a Pompon , Lionhead , Celestial or Ranchu.Space wise , 100L will not be sufficent enough to house everyone even if you get them young. All of these guys have the potential to reach 5 inches or more and that doesn't include fin growth ! Your bubble eyed friend or other celestail should be housed with no sharp objects ( Slate , some plastic plants, Rocks - although some smooth shaped ones will do ). If you decide to go with a planted setup , remember that goldfsh will up root most plants and eat whats left over.There's a few species that are robust and will be left alone ( Java Fern , Egeria densa , Vallisneria ) but just keep them well feed.As for your filtration , my personal choice was going with a canister filter but if you use HOB that works well too but make sure to use more filter media.Water changes should be introduced every week or second week depending on the bio load.Now you mentioned adding white clouds ? although these guys are considered coldwater I would not introduce then due to the fact that they remain fairly small and could end up being lunch or dinner for your bigger goldfish. Good luck with any future plans.

ACE
Kaz21
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.24(Mon)19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I would go with a regular celestial but I can never find them here.
I have deicided on a calico coloured bubble eye, they are cool, black moor and a celestial if I can find one, if not most likely a telescope.
Would a freshwater mussel be a good tankmate?
Slimy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.24(Mon)21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaz21, did you read this part of ACE's reply?
Quote:
100L will not be sufficent enough to house everyone even if you get them young. All of these guys have the potential to reach 5 inches or more and that doesn't include fin growth !

Kaz21
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.24(Mon)22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
And I will house them in a larger tank.
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: