Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Chatroom background
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Site Issues  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Post new topic
number6
Moderators

PostPosted: 2008.03.06(Thu)18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen you in there cheese... you're dreaming if you think any of us will have an ounce of sympathy for you in there... you make your own fun and your own trouble cheese...

LOL

Sure it was a mean thing for me to go in there as another name... but hey... it allows it. Twisted Evil
cheese-737
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.06(Thu)18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...it seems that you don't have the full story. Can I ask when you first enterd the chat?
...I have plenty of reasons to do what I have done. and just out of curiosity, what was your name, you don't have to tell me, and it don't really matter, since I won't be returning... Rolling Eyes
DF Bobo
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2008.03.06(Thu)18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheese-737 wrote:
I have plenty of reasons to do what I have done.

all you've done is spout random profanity. I doubt you can come up with a good reason for that.

Jacko
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2008.03.06(Thu)18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cheese-737"]hmm...it seems that you don't have the full story. Can I ask when you first enterd the chat?[quote]

lol, long before you did.

just out of curiosity cheese-737, what are your reasons for:
a.) crude sexual references to female members of the chat
b.) profanity and swearing towards other members
c.) impersonating members
d.) picking fights on the board

And for some reason, the list goes on but I don't want to go over those other things you have said on there with the innocent.

Oooh, another smily for this perfect instance!

Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.06(Thu)18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

no I did not just "spout random profanity". I have heard from other people that have been on the chat and apparently there are users that have used my name and avatar there to impersonate me. I know those actions were phony because 1. I simply was not loggin in or using the chat and 2. they said there were multiple people with same name and avatar, and you cannot login to the same chat twice, concluding that people were impersonating me on the chat. Seems real immature to me. Rolling Eyes
KingFisher
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.06(Thu)18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question

Last edited by KingFisher on 2008.03.06(Thu)19:02; edited 3 times in total
cheese-737
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.06(Thu)18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacko, people don't need to be mis lead in posts such as the one you last posted here. They also don't need to read things like that. I don't appreciate you trying to spread a vicious rumor on the board. This board has better purposes, and people have better things to read. If you have a problem, like I said before, feel free to email or PM me, keep this garbage off the boards. Like I said before, no one needs this foolishness.
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2008.03.06(Thu)18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it seems, for the 3rd or 4th time in 10 years, we're evolving to the point where I simply end up getting rid of the chat room after a few months because people are just too "needy", incapable of handling chat issues among themselves and within the chat room itself, instead spilling their little bickerings over to the board and to its moderators who have nothing to do with the chat room.

If the present chat room users do not wish to see this happen again (at least not as soon as it seems to be evolving to) we need to come to an agreement here and now: you need to put on a tougher skin if you wish to participate in chats, you need to realize that emotions often run high in chat rooms since things are typed in the heat of the moment, you need to realize that the anonimity of chat rooms is a MAGNET for jerks and trolls, and you need to NOT bring chat arguments into the forum, NOR send PM's to me or to any moderators about people misbehaving in the chat room.

Slimy: this is not about your initial question which has a legitimate technical reason to be posted as topic here, unfortunately I tried but found I cannot change the background right now, it'll require the creation of a new chat room at XAT so I'll have to look into this later...

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
cheese-737
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.06(Thu)18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

this whole cult you have going on that you refer to as "the others" seems to be a sick game to degrade and demean other members. I hope someone takes action with it, because I fear it is painting a bad name on aquahobby.

Again, if you want to post information for me to see, EMAIL OR PM ME. KEEP THE GARBAGE OFF THE BOARDS FOR THE SAKE OF EVERYONE ELSE. THEY, MUCH LIKE I, DO NOT NEED THIS GARBAGE.
Slimy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.06(Thu)19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcos, don't worry if you can't find out how to deal with the background. It's very much a wishlist item and not worth the trouble. I thought it might be something easy to do.
Personally, I'm pretty disappointed to see this stuff spill to the forum and I'm just baffled by some people. I'll leave it at that Wink

Can I moderate the chatroom? I'll rule with an iron, but fair fist Wink
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: