Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Chatroom background
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Site Issues  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Post new topic
Slimy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.01(Sat)3:21    Post subject: Chatroom background Reply with quote

Is there any chance the background image in the chat room could be desaturated a bit? Bit lower contrast and brightness maybe. It's kind of bright for losers like me that spend hours in there.

Cool
KingFisher
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.01(Sat)3:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree maybe some Black Skirt Tetras would be better
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2008.03.01(Sat)22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is coming from Slimy though, he got angry at the current background because they wouldn't answer his questions. Laughing

I do like the idea of a new background though, if possible could it be the whale shark aquarium on the opening page for Aquahobby or the EBJD that is Marcos's avatar and at the top of the page?
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.01(Sat)22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't stand all those pig faced butterflyfish turning their backs on me and refusing to chat. oink oink!
Ciklido
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.03(Mon)17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is this chatroom please can anyone tell me?
Slimy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.03(Mon)18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheese-737
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.06(Thu)15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

...as useful as the chat room may sound, I think it is a bad idea. people tend to take things people say out of context and then continuously demean other members, even if they are not present (I have my ways of knowing) New members may take a new, negative look to the reputation of Aquahobby.com, since people tend to abuse the chat priveliges, I THINK...if you must visit, just take the advice, be very VERY careful as to what you say, because the way it seems to me is sometimes people wait like pirrhanas for something to be put out that they can use to degrade others with, or maybe even you.
nikelodeon79
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.06(Thu)16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and then continuously demean other members, even if they are not present (I have my ways of knowing)

Sounds like someone's a bit paranoid. Rolling Eyes

I personally have had good experiences in the chatroom, for the most part. Certainly there's been a few problems, but once everyone started ignoring the troublemaker(s) things started going swimmingly (bad pun, I know Laughing ). People will figure out for themselves who's in there to chat and have a good time and who's in there to make trouble. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Jacko
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2008.03.06(Thu)17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheese-737 wrote:
...as useful as the chat room may sound, I think it is a bad idea. people tend to take things people say out of context and then continuously demean other members, even if they are not present (I have my ways of knowing) New members may take a new, negative look to the reputation of Aquahobby.com, since people tend to abuse the chat priveliges, I THINK...if you must visit, just take the advice, be very VERY careful as to what you say, because the way it seems to me is sometimes people wait like pirrhanas for something to be put out that they can use to degrade others with, or maybe even you.

Like the warning on the page says, "[It] is not hosted in the aquahobby.com domain and is not monitored nor moderated. Enter at your own risk" and I think if you have a problem with someone there, you should just leave or ignore them instead of whining and since it directly says it is not hosted by aquahobby, I don't think the name of this site is in any jepeordy. Also, another thing within that warning "never assume that anyone in the chat room is who they claim to be" that seems to fit very well in this case. Wink

I agree with Nik, the chat is a wonderful function! Xat has provided an "ignore" button if you have issues with the said troublemaker then push it, I know I have.

end:

Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.06(Thu)18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
since it directly says it is not hosted by aquahobby, I don't think the name of this site is in any jepeordy

hmm...seems I put things in a more advanced text...

...what I meant was that since you get access to the chat THROUGH aquahobby.com, even though it is not TECHNICALLY created, hosted, or moderated by aquahobby, people may still IMPLY that it is. Even though it is from xat, it is still primarily accessed AND used by the members of aquahobby, thus, the reason I say people associate the chat with aquahobby.com. Rolling Eyes

Feel free to PM or email me with any other questions. Wink

Arrow
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: