Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
When digging a huge small pond
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds  Reply to topic   Post new topic
53cent
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.02.04(Mon)7:53    Post subject: When digging a huge small pond Reply with quote

I am making a pond in the 200000 gal range. Its big and I don't care if I can see the fish however. I want to know if it would do any good to put down a heavy mil roll plastic to cut down on the muddy factor. Its a low spot and won't drain out so I don't have to water line it I just fear for red mud water for a year. Any links on home made skimmers for a big pond would help also. I am thinking on using 55 gal drums and sump pumps. I have to wait a few weeks now as the large rented backhoe sank like a rock and I destrroyed half my yard getting unstuck.
alan
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.02.04(Mon)9:49    Post subject: Re: When digging a huge small pond Reply with quote

53cent wrote:
I have to wait a few weeks now as the large rented backhoe sank like a rock and I destrroyed half my yard getting unstuck.
Now that I would like to see some cool photos of...LOL
Most of the time you can dig or push yourself out with a backhoe.
But we have had a few times where the backhoe at work did get really-really stuck, so bad that we had to go get something else to pull the backhoe out with.(Actually we got another backhoe, and then a 3rd to pull out the 2nd that was pulling the 1st)

About your liner question, I don't have a clue how much money that would take, but I bet it's a big liner!
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: