Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
What causes of PoP eYe ???
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Reply to topic   Post new topic
PhyRaNNuS
Members

PostPosted: 2008.01.27(Sun)18:30    Post subject: What causes of PoP eYe ??? Reply with quote

A very bad day for my 1 year old Pink skunk clownfish. Whats causes of this disease? any chances for him to recover?

Any help please...
Thank you...
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2008.01.27(Sun)21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Fenner's gang:
"When you see one eye bulging, it generally means that your fish has suffered some kind of trauma to the eye. The swelling can be reduced by isolating the fish in a separate tank, and treating with Epsom salts. Alternatively, you could simply make sure that the tank water quality is as high as possible, and the injury could heal with minimal intervention on your part. Either way, just keep an eye on this fish to make sure that there is no secondary infection manifesting itself."
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/popeyefaqs.htm
PhyRaNNuS
Members

PostPosted: 2008.01.27(Sun)23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks FB, Sad
PhyRaNNuS
Members

PostPosted: 2008.09.14(Sun)22:42    Post subject: pop eye Reply with quote

It's been 9 mon. when I posted this problem, when my Pink skunk clownfish suffered and died with pop-eye. Now, another 1yr old Ocellaris clownfish suffering the same disease.

Sad Sad Sad
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2008.09.15(Mon)8:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for your problem.
Could be pathogen, but be advised my friend, over the years I have seen that many mysterious "infections/bacterial attacks," etc. are actually related to poor water quality or some other stress factor. What are your water parameters, pH, nitrate, tank history? How are your other fish doing? I have seen far more horrible things than this which were related to simple bad water quality. Also be advised; some of the meds can be more harmful than the condition...
here's a link that may help you, best wishes for success:
http://www.reefland.com/forum/marine-fish-care-health-disease-treatment/19335-please-help-popeye-clownfish.html
PhyRaNNuS
Members

PostPosted: 2008.09.17(Wed)2:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend FB. you never change. you're always be there to help thank you so much my friend.
I read some article that bulging eyes normally a result of trauma...
While cleaning the tank and perform partial water change I noticed that my protein skimmer submersible pump was grounded.. flowing a little amount of electricity in water column... tsk tsk I replaced it immediately..
fortunately the Clownfish is still active and keep grabbing food like a hungry pig.. Very Happy
Thank again FB[/url]
PhyRaNNuS
Members

PostPosted: 2008.09.25(Thu)2:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I'm happy Very Happy my occelaris totally recovered. after replacing the faulty submersible pump and do partial water change for a week no more bulging eye for my clownfish.. Very Happy I've learned...
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2008.09.25(Thu)13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news... best wishes for your success.
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: