Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Resizing pictures
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Ratt45thinf
New Members

PostPosted: 2008.01.21(Mon)22:39    Post subject: Resizing pictures Reply with quote

I took several pictures of one of my fish to post (don't know if she is sick or not) I resized the pictures in photobucket and there they were 620x620 like they are supose to be but when I tried to post them here in the forum they were large again. Can anybody tell me what I might have been doing wrong?
Doc Daneeka
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.01.21(Mon)23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try right clicking the photo in Photobucket and hit "View Image". When you highlight the url, you will have http://www.photobucket.com/___(insert whatever here)____.jpg?(bunch of numbers). Remove stuff in bold, then post, so the url ends in ".jpg".

Doc

Thanks for the avatar and sig Jun!
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2008.01.22(Tue)1:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optionally, you can resize the images on your own PC before uploading them anywhere. Here's an excellent, totally free image editing program for you to download. No spam, no spyware, no nagware, just good old-fashioned freeware:

http://www.irfanview.com

I've been using it for almost 10 years. In fact, this post just reminded me of something I've been meaning to do for a long time...I just went to Irfan's website and donated 10 euros to him by Paypal Wink

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
Nova_C
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2008.01.22(Tue)10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irfan was the first image viewer I used way back in like '94 or '95 when I first got online. Been using it ever since. It's compact and does a great job at resizing.
Ratt45thinf
New Members

PostPosted: 2008.01.22(Tue)10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what made me so upet was that I went ahead and posted the picture with some questions, (the first time it did not let me post it but after I resized them it let me post them but they were still large) and after about five minutes or so I checked on the post and it had been removed, which I understand because of the size of the pictures, but I did not get and e-mail or anything from anybody saying exactly why this post was removed or any helpful info on the subject seeing as how I possably have a sick fish. If I had not checked on that post I would not have known it was removed of quite some time and by then it could have been to late for this fish(if in deed it is sick, I still don't know)
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2008.01.22(Tue)16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ratt45thinf wrote:
Well what made me so upet was that I went ahead and posted the picture with some questions, (the first time it did not let me post it but after I resized them it let me post them but they were still large) and after about five minutes or so I checked on the post and it had been removed,

Are you talking about this topic?

http://www.aquahobby.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=49602

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
Ratt45thinf
New Members

PostPosted: 2008.01.22(Tue)17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

no I am talking about another post which brought up the problem that started this post
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: