Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Goldfish is really lethargic -_-
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Sudo
Members

PostPosted: 2008.01.11(Fri)15:43    Post subject: Goldfish is really lethargic -_- Reply with quote

Hey, I have two small Fancy Goldfish in a 30 gallon tank. I clean it really well weekly, and they are about 3 inches long. One is a Red Capped oranda, and the other is a Moor.

They were doing great in there, but during Christmas break, I was sleeping in and staying up late : ) (who wouldn't) and then my goldfish sort of became nocturnal... they would sleep all day and stay up all night. I've been trying to get them back to regular schedule, but now the Oranda is acting really really wierd. He sits on the bottom all the time, and the moor sometimes sleeps there with him. He swims around occasionally, he eats, and he can still float, but he mopes all the time.

Did I tire him out by changing the sleeping shcedule, or is something wrong? I cleaned it yesterday, and gave him peas iif he had tummy troubles, but nothing makes him more lively.
ceci9293
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2008.01.16(Wed)2:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really doubt that a change in your sleep schedule would throw the goldfish off like that... Can you give more details as to water parameters and such? There's actually a sticky in the "Diseases & Disasters" forum with a lot of information listed that you can provide that can help people here troubleshoot for you.

I'm not saying your fish have a disease or that your tank is a disaster. It sounds just like from what you provided that the tank should be okay. But anytime your fish's behavior changes like that, you should treat it like the beginning of a disease, just in case it is!
LR
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.02.18(Mon)10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. How long have you had your two gold fish? Maybe you should check your amonia levels. Very Happy
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: