Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
submisson for variatus platy?
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
minnesotakid
Members

PostPosted: 2008.01.08(Tue)14:59    Post subject: submisson for variatus platy? Reply with quote

I noticed that this website don't have a submission for Xiphophorus variatus since they are common in aquarium trade. Should we add this variatus platy to the gallery? I own some of them. And the variatus almost always have some swordtail and maculatus genes if its come from your local store.
RaiderFan92
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.01.08(Tue)16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure, but your talking about the platy/swordtail cross right? Thats what it sounded like in your post. I don't think adding hybrids to the gallery is such a great idea because then there would be A LOT more added to it. I'm sure other people will argue with me and think its a great idea but I don't think it is.

By the way, this should be added to the "Site Submission" part of the forum I think.
minnesotakid
Members

PostPosted: 2008.01.08(Tue)16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Variatus platy are considered as species (Xiphophorus variatus) and they are different from swordtails and platies since this variatus are coolwater species. And they do existed in the wild. What I talking about other post is that all swordtails, platies and variatus in the local pet store are already hybrids because they were bred to get different colors from another species to species. But you can get purebred variatus in some sources. Maybe I should wrote xiphophorus variatus in submissions.
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: