Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
I built a 3000+ Gallon Pond, now what?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds  Reply to topic   Post new topic
blamus
Members

PostPosted: 2007.07.29(Sun)18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Dia, I certainly do.
Travellyr
Members

PostPosted: 2007.08.22(Wed)1:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wild guppies are often sold under the name of "mosquitofish" because they're prolific and excellent mosquito control- you'll just have to put in some potted pond plants to give them somewhere to hide from your pacus, barbs, and channel cat!

(Channel cat... criminy, we have those wild here... you could probably feed it the neighbor children when it's fully grown!)
Kit-Kat
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.08.27(Mon)17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no comments, other that I like goldfish in ponds because they have loads of warm colors. But I would like to see some pictures, just to see what it looks like.
Illusia
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.09.16(Sun)8:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can think of a few good tropical fish for ponds for instance my krib looks great from above the way his lines join up in a point and my rainbows look fantastic from above. Also I can only imagine how many plecos look great from that view point. Very Happy
blamus
Members

PostPosted: 2007.10.07(Sun)20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been real hesitant to take pictures to post because it just doesn't look too pretty yet. Its basically a liver shape, half above ground half below, lined in cemented cinder block with a liner. There are a few videos of it my friend put online, I guess I will link to one here for anyone interested. This was the first day the fish were added to the pond.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/FredlyFX/CF44FE54ECCF4048B99D0342615BDD5B/finished-pond.aspx

(I am Mac)
Barchef
Regulars

Location: It changed but I'm not telling you where silly children. :)

PostPosted: 2007.12.28(Fri)23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have unpleasant memories of catfish...as long as that thing isnt a red tail I suppose you'll be fine though. Red tails=3 feet long barfing machines. Twisted Evil . Gl with the pond, you might want to add sand or something it looks like a swimming pool atm.
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: