Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
neon tetra - swollen belly and can't swim right?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
newtoallthis!
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.08.18(Sat)14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply - any information is really useful at this point!

Can you tell me how often you feed frozen food to your fish? I want to make sure I get a good varied diet established for my little tank so that I can add to the numbers as I get a bit more experience.
southsideandy
Members

PostPosted: 2007.08.18(Sat)15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have an official schedule for it...probably about once a week--I had bloodworms. Now, in my freezer, it's frozen brine shrimp. But I just keep one variety at a time...I'd like to have more people food in my freezer than fish food. Smile

On the other days of the week, I feed predominantly these pellets called New Life Spectrum Marine Formula--it's a color-enhancing food, and it has done as advertised. My trusted LFS employee suggested them to me when I told her I had cardinal tetras and glo-lites, and it has done wonders...the Cardinals are just magnificent. And no "side effects" because it's sold as "marine" food. She said there wouldn't be any. Plus, it just lasts forever. I've had this canister of it (80 grams) for almost a year now and I've probably gone through about 1/4 of the canister.

Every couple of days I just go with the standard TetraMin flake food to mix it up a little more.

Oh, and for my cories, I drop in half a TetraMin tablet at lights-out every 3-4 days. They do fine at that dose.
CAllain
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.08.18(Sat)17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going away for a long weekend next week, and was considering what to do myself.

I had the same experience as southsideandy with the vacation tablets, so personally I wouldn't recommend those. Also, I don't trust anyone else enough to feed my fish...

I've decided that I'll just give them some live food before I go (I feed them live food twice a week anyway) and this should fill them up pretty well. I'll then feed them once I get back, and then resume the normal feeding schedule.

Fish can usually go quite a long time without food (sometimes weeks) so a few days shouldn't be a problem as long as they weren't starving before you left.
Ziabis
Members

PostPosted: 2011.01.25(Tue)4:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lost 5 neons now to this and I cannot figure out why?

I have one now who is swollen and swimming head down. I don't see any
kind of infection just weird swimming.

What can I do and with the others get it?

Thank you...
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: