Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Need desperate help with pond!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Barchef
Regulars

Location: It changed but I'm not telling you where silly children. :)

PostPosted: 2007.12.28(Fri)23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zomg why is this still on the first page? Shocked . You people need advertisers or something. Pond is O K now but not terrific. Luckily I have insane amounts of $$$ because of christmas, so I can see that changing. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
nikelodeon79
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.12.29(Sat)0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the topics in the other forums cycle off the first page rather rapidly. This one isn't as popular, I think because such large aquariums or ponds are required for most goldfish/koi. Many of us just don't have the $$$. Same goes for saltwater, I think.

You'll also notice that a member posted in this thread accidentally instead of starting a new one. That brought it to the top again, after it had been long dead.

No worries, I don't think the site is hurting for members.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Barchef
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.12.30(Sun)4:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha nickolodean loosen up a little I was just poking fun at this particular section of the fourms. Aaaanyway this topic....no better it should stay alive until I can be sure no problems can immediately arrise. I will ask for it to be locked once my pond is fixed.
Barchef
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.05.10(Sat)19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last my problem is solved. My pond simply kept getting dirty because a bunch of nasty stuff would accumulate in the sand. Now I take out the sand and rinse it out every now and then, and I also got new filter pads because my filter pads were deficient. There were eggs...inside the sponge, and a bunch....of bloodworms....not a fun experience when I discovered that.

Nontheless now I have tons of live food for my fish all for free.

I ended up getting new filter pads, and a new pump for my filter instead of a new kind of filter, I had discovered that the old one had something messed up inside and it was pressurized and sealed with no screws or anything so I couldnt open it and fix it. Probobly it was due to all those bloodworms, maybe some got into the mechanisms inside through the pump..

I now have a minor algae problem, but the water is clearing up fast, mainly because of some rainwater.

Also I have a better phone now so I'll be taking pictures and posting them in the photo album soon.

Shubukins have grown considerably and are around 8 inches now. Dojo has remained slim but gotten longer.

Also working on a tub garden, I'll post pictures of that along with the pond, and of course my ten gal.

Thanks for your previous support and this topic is now closed. Anyone who puts sand in their pond needs to remember to rinse it out every two weeks, otherwise you get problems.
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to: