Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Digital pH moniter
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Sacrophyton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.06.09(Sat)17:25    Post subject: Digital pH moniter Reply with quote

I've seen my lfs helper use one of these... how much are these, and are they accurate?
sirreal63
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.06.09(Sat)17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

They work and like all pH meters need periodic calibration and if not kept calibrated they will give erroneous readings.
http://www.thereefstop.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=26

I think you are concerned too much about pH...is there a need in checking the pH so often? If left alone your pH will not swing much at all and pH varies greatly in the ocean. If it is between 7.9 and 8.5 don't worry about it. If this is in the nano just remember small water changes and let the water aerate and stabilize for a couple days before the water change. This will allow the water to be stable and in such a small tank change no more than a gallon a week unless your nitrates are higher than 10ppm on an accurate test kit.

I rarely ever check my pH other than to see if the pH controller on the calcium reactor is still reading correctly. If you want to be testing things, calcium, alk, nitrates and phosphates should keep you busy with testing. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Serkan
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.06.15(Fri)23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen these things at my LFS fora bout $8.

I think serreal is right about the pH though. I only ever check my pH after something dies. I haven't checked my pH for a while now.
sirreal63
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.06.16(Sat)0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirkan are you sure you saw digital pH meters for 8 bucks...or maybe digital temp devices? Digital pH monitors are usually about 60 bucks and replacement probes over 20.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: