Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
On to bigger things (55g diary)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
tkipfer
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.06.05(Tue)14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good looknig tank there. when I saw the first pictures when the paint was still wet I thought, oh dear, that doesn't look like a good color. but now that it is dry and in the tank it looks great! can't wait for the tank to be complete.
FishAddict85
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.06.05(Tue)20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

stickman147 wrote:
very good looknig tank there. when I saw the first pictures when the paint was still wet I thought, oh dear, that doesn't look like a good color. but now that it is dry and in the tank it looks great! can't wait for the tank to be complete.

Thanks!

Yeah, the color really did change after it dried. I didn't think it was real looking until it dried and came out to be the color I was wanting. Once the plants and driftwood are in there, the background will really make the tank look complete.

Though I'm fishless cycling the tank right now. I got teh filter (Rena XP2) up and running. I haven't noticed a rise in pH (what a waste of $5) since apparently my water is super buffered as it is straight out of the tap. Blah...not seeing anything. So...I'm going to get the KH and gh tested (both tap and this tank water) and see what's going on. Confused I'm hoping this cycling will cause the bacteria to cover the entire surface of the background. I do not know if it will work with stopping the background from leeching out stuff. Thoigh this is something I have heard about and do not know if it will work. Either way, I put 7ppm of ammonia in my tank. Yippee!
anthony law
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.11.13(Tue)14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool looking background,did you seal it with anything or is it just concrete.whay sort of mix is it cheers ant
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to: