Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
On to bigger things (55g diary)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
MrTwister
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.04.24(Tue)15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear that. Don't ditch the idea cause of a few jerks with I.A.S(internet A-hole syndrome). I had 4 convicts in a 72g with my water dragon for a long time, there is no reason the Con's wouldn't work with frogs that stayed out of the water..
FishAddict85
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.04.24(Tue)19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, their thing was tree frogs fall in the water all the time and drown. MrTwister, that's your water dragon? Surprised That's a pretty sweet lizard. To bad I don't think I'll be upgrading until I am in my own home. First I have to graduate college and save enough money to buy a house. Don't think I could fit a tank large enough for them in an apartment too easily.
krt
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.04.24(Tue)20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

FishAddict85 wrote:
...First I have to graduate college and save enough money to buy a house. Don't think I could fit a tank large enough for them in an apartment too easily.

I had my 46gal on a 3rd floor (walkup) apartment in west philly for a while along with a 20 and a 10... wow was it fun packing them up and getting'em in an old pontiac 2-door (with the fish in buckets too) I moved them all down to virginia (took about 7 hours) and everything made it!

I would never do that again. in fact, we want to get a bigger house in a couple of years and I'm already dreading the move....

anyways... could u put a soft shell turtle or (smallish) water turtle in there? I really like the idea of keeping multiple creatures together.. I'm sure u can figure something out.

krt
FishAddict85
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.04.26(Thu)9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after talking about my options over at cichlidforum, I've decided on ONE of the following fish. In order of interest so...I mean I probably should stick with just fish, it's easier!

Okay, the list:
1 salvini
OR 1 jack dempsey
OR 1 Firemouth

The firemouth is the last since I don't know how it will hold it's own against the cons. A JD may be too aggressive and a salvini sounds nice.

Here's some pics of the cons. The female is really starting to look nice!

That's not the best picture of the male's coloration.
Foxhawk16
Members

PostPosted: 2007.04.27(Fri)19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow your female looks really nice.

The firemouths might do the best. IMOP
FishAddict85
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.04.28(Sat)20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxhawk16 wrote:
Wow your female looks really nice.

The firemouths might do the best. IMOP

Thanks! Isn't she a cutie!

I plan to start my first DIY project in 2 weeks. I bought the supplies for it and it will move the expected date to have this tank up even farther back since it will have to cure. Rolling Eyes What will I be doing?...I will be creating a rock background out of styrofoam and concrete. I know...not really proper for tank considering it is a CA cichlid tank but I think it will look good. Very Happy I will start designing the styrofoam and get some pictures of that.
FishAddict85
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.05.10(Thu)19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bumping this old topic to say:

Tomorrow I will be working on my concrete background! I will be adding a thin coat and test the tank. Wait for that to dry and then siliconing it to the back and all that fun stuff! Yay!

Sorry for the lack of updates. It's just been a hectic couple of weeks. It's been dead week where there was a bunch of projects due to in class and a final. And then it's finals week currently. I have one final at 1:30 in design of manufacturing processes. And then...HELLO SUMMER!!!

I also may be getting a used stand. It depends on if my ebay bid goes through. max I'm paying for it is $30 since it's a cheap little stand. Razz
FineGents
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.05.11(Fri)8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wondering, what plant is that in the second picture? and is it floating?

btw, fish look good, especially the female
FishAddict85
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.05.15(Tue)9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

FineGents wrote:
just wondering, what plant is that in the second picture? and is it floating?

btw, fish look good, especially the female

There are two plants in my tanks: Guppy grass and Anubias. The plant you are talking about is guppy grass. It's not secured anywhere and it really doesn't float but it kind of drifts around. Very Happy Really easy plant to take care of.

Here is an update: I've done two layers for my concrete background. I'm going for a muddy look...though the color has turned more brown than the pictures show since these were taken yesterday when they were wet. I will apply the final coat after I secure it to the tank. I will also be not making the color solid like I did on this one.

Final layer will be applied with my hands since the brush looks bad. Razz
FishAddict85
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.06.05(Tue)8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's the finished background. I finished it like 2 weeks ago but I didn't want to take a picture until I got a stand. I got a fairly decent price on the solid wood stand (160$) and it's brand new.

Enjoy! I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: