Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Coralife super skimmer
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Atlantis
Members

PostPosted: 2007.03.17(Sat)11:46    Post subject: Coralife super skimmer Reply with quote

I aleardy heard of that problem but, why is my skimmer producing a lot 2 much of micro bubbles when I add new water to my tank, its gets lots lots of bubbles in my tank and I can't even adjust the water lvl in my skimmer, its always overfloading my collection cup. :S Its annoying.
sirreal63
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.03.17(Sat)14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you add a dechlorinator to your topoff water? If so that will cause a skimmer to foam too much.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Atlantis
Members

PostPosted: 2007.03.17(Sat)19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ho OK well thats the problem, every time I add water I put some stuff to dechlorinate.

Tx
sirreal63
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.03.17(Sat)19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tap water isn't good for a saltwater tank...lots of stuff in it you don't want in your tank.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Atlantis
Members

PostPosted: 2007.03.18(Sun)8:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah..your right..because actually, have 4 frags of umbrella leather coral, and since the last week , it looks like they all dying..I don't know what to do, remove them or not, I don't know if they r really dying. I know that normally they do that often, when they become more shiny and they don't extand polyps, but now, all 4 do not extand, and they r a lot a lot smaller, a lil bit different color, and when I touch it, a muscus is getting out. So...by your experience...remove or not?
sirreal63
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.03.18(Sun)8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no experience with leathers, I keep them out of my tank as their toxins retard sps growth. I don't know if they are OK or not, they do need a lot of light and flow.
SLACkra
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.03.19(Mon)2:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep them in. leathers can survive almost anything. However in my experience they like lots of high flow and high powered lighting. They can be tempremental, sometimes mine is extremely happy then the powerhead moves slightly and then it decides not to open up for a few days.

Andrew
Atlantis
Members

PostPosted: 2007.03.19(Mon)6:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Tx.

I'm not sure but I think I find out the problem, its probably because of a big big change in the salinity level. I've done such an error! I've made a water change, I tought my water was all mixed up because ived mixed it since last 24 hours. But, today I checked the salinity in my tank just to see how its going, and its now at gravity 40!, It was suppose to be like at 35, and it jumps to 40, so, I'm going to mix some freshwater in it, dilute the salt, and hope to see my umbrella extand again.
SLACkra
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.03.19(Mon)19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

rapid increases in salinity are not good. I learnt this when a snail decided to go to sleep on the float switch of my automatic top off device. the salinity dropped quite low. I was informed that I should slowly increase the salinity in the tank as the tanks inhabitants are a lot more sensitive to salinity increases than decreases.

just don't do anything terribly quickly, rapid changes are not good. say replace a certain amount of tank water with freshwater every day or so.

andrew
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: