Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
March Photo Contest - "It's Mine!" [RESULTS]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
ceci9293
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2007.04.05(Thu)14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirreal63 wrote:
I don't photoshop

It wasn't an accusation! I meant it as a comment on how incredible those expressions are, that at first glance I thought it was photoshopped. Congratulations on the ribbon. Very Happy

sirreal63 wrote:
The female's scowl reminds me of my ex wife. lol

Laughing
Sirius
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.04.05(Thu)14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I didn't vote, but I liked seeing all the pics! I can't wait for the next theme to see if I can enter!
Jun
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.04.05(Thu)15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_o Oh wow, and this was my first contest, too. Thanks for all the votes, everyone! :D This was a great contest.

I'd been observing this type of behaviour from the cories and pleco for the past few weeks since I finally scraped together some loose change and bought them a bag of shrimp wafers. I normally fed two, but I decided to feed just one and see if I could get some interesting shots. I can tell you every single fish in that tank was going after this one wafer. So, about 100 shots later, that picture is the result! I was afraid the betta was going to "take over" the shot because he's really the only strong colour in the tank, and almost moved him to a breeder net, but he blended in just fine.

Thanks again everyone. n__n
Fish4fun
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.04.05(Thu)15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent winners and great entries all around - there's a lot of fish out there getting used to seeing cameras pointed at them Very Happy

sirreal63 - how many of those 100 shots did you keep in the end? Actually, what I want to know is how big is your fish picture collection? I promise not to be shocked

I feel like I've got a thousand photos, but hopefully I'm exaggerating Shocked That's not to say they are good photos, I just have lots. . .

Have to go finish the w/c and spiffy the place up for the next contest, just in case the inhabitants can participate!
sirreal63
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.04.05(Thu)16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ceci...I know you weren't but after looking at the pics I can see it too, the pic was near perfect for expression. I have been taking pics since 1976 and still the best way to get a good shot is to take a lot of pics. I know a lot of people photoshop to clean up images but I still prefer taking lots of shots looking for the best one. I guess I am a die hard old schooler. lol

fish4fun, I have one folder dedicated to the tanks, it is only 671 megs and a misc one of my tanks through the past few years that is 213 megs. One album for the car and all the shows it has been in and that one is only 120 megs and the photobucket album is 57 megs. I am no where near done. lol

I like that these contests keep getting harder and harder. I have very little time to spare and the challenge is wonderful. So many people here are getting better and better at taking pics the contests will only improve...both in abilities of the photogs and the content.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Jump to: