Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Anyone have a fish inventory?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
arachnar
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.12(Mon)17:50    Post subject: Anyone have a fish inventory? Reply with quote

last year I decided to start an inventory of all my plants ,inverts and fish for my own use and to monitor some life spans
it's on excel with the #,name of fish,when bought ,when it died,where it was bought the price and comments,one day I'll make a graph of some things
does anyone else keep any kind of inventory?
some of the oldy fish were guesses while the rest are true to date

Jan
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.12(Mon)18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Hubby keeps a record of all of our fish ( 5 tanks ). Including dates and results of every water test.
arachnar
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.12(Mon)19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice,though I don't do water checks ,I know I should but the money spent seems rediculous(plus rarely have any anyway) I recently have been doing regular 50% water changes while replacing bad gravel and the fish are all in good health all I know is my fish are generally hardy and do fine in the high pH

--the inventory is fun to keep and is helpful seeing if you have large fish losses or good longevity,plus many people naturally forget about every fish or invert they keep so it's always helpful to look back on this and say "wow I had shrimp,who knew?"

fishy me
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.12(Mon)19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep a journal of (almost) everything that I do to my tank. Pretty much I write down if there is anything different with the water chemistry or if I've added anything. Its fun going back to see what happened a month ago.
Jun
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.03.12(Mon)22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only recently started keeping an inventory of my communities, mostly because I've started restocking them, but I can actually remember every betta I've ever owned from memory -- even from when we first had a 30 gallon set up when I was a child of 7 or so. I can tell you when I got a fish and how long it lived, whether it was a rescue, a gift, or I just bought it, etc. as well as when it died (or if I still have it, haha)). I should write it down, actually... I'm sure it would be quite the extensive list. xDD
turk359
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.13(Tue)10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep track of all my water parameters, water changes and %, what chemicals I put in on what days, fish I have in, total adult size of fish per tank, when fish were added and/or passed on...for all my tanks...plus a cost analysis...all in MS Excel...different tabs for different sections. If anyone is interested in a template I can send it your way. I even have it so it's color coded if you have a spike in Nitrites or Ammonia it turns red..
arachnar
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.13(Tue)16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

turk-that's cool turk I only know the basics of excel and the other programs that would be cool to know in the future on how to change colors when a number is to high like nitrates
junbetta-it's nice to have an extensive memory but even I find it difficult to remember dates bought and stuff ;I tend to jumble pets up sometimes

celticwraith
Members

PostPosted: 2007.03.13(Tue)17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a program called Reefcon 2000 to record water parameters,maintenance, expenses and inventory of fish. It's the best freeware program I have found for this.
arachnar
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.13(Tue)18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celticwraith -can you tell us were you got this free software it would be great to know

arachnar
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.13(Tue)18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool just downloaded it Wink

Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: