Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
What is the scariest aspect of keeping fish?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
ismellikefish
Members

PostPosted: 2007.03.03(Sat)21:40    Post subject: What is the scariest aspect of keeping fish? Reply with quote

for me it is having all the water in my fish room leaking...but the scariest thing is by far bristle worms I have a phobia for them cuase if you take them out of your live rock and put them n the counter they will start moving fastly at you..they seem like parasites!...oh and I live in my fishroom!
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.04(Sun)1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it would probably be if my house collapsed or something and I lost all my fish and tanks. Sad
Laughing Bristleworms? lol, do you mean to take them out of the water? I have a few huge ones in my filter. How big are yours?
arachnar
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.04(Sun)12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

my phobia is my tank will break and all my fish will die on the carpet,second bristleworms are creepy and I've never even seen one
also my phobia is of getting a disease so for a while I haven't bought any new fish until I have a quarantine

ismellikefish
Members

PostPosted: 2007.03.04(Sun)15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

flame_angel11 wrote:
For me it would probably be if my house collapsed or something and I lost all my fish and tanks. Sad
Laughing Bristleworms? lol, do you mean to take them out of the water? I have a few huge ones in my filter. How big are yours?

well I thought I de wormed my live rock but sum always pop up..I just hate em...sum get close to 4 inches....
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.04(Sun)15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

ismellikefish wrote:

well I thought I de wormed my live rock but sum always pop up..I just hate em...sum get close to 4 inches....

I keep them in my tank because they are supposed to be great scavengers. And some of mine are about 25cm (close to 10 inches) Smile
Michael L.
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.03.04(Sun)19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scariest aspect for me... Knowing that I have over 200 lives in my hands and I am responsible to keep them all alive. I feel really bad when I lose a fish.
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.03.04(Sun)19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scariest would be for my tank to break. Obviously that would be horrible for the fish, but within about 4 feet of my 55G tank there are two computers plugged in .. I've lifted all the wiring off the floor but still, the electrical sockets are pretty low to the ground. And since its a tiny apartment there isn't a safer way to arrange things. So losing a tank full of fish + having the water zap two computers = scariest.

I'm also paranoid about my fish getting sick. Even when the water parameters are perfect and the fish haven't been stressed at all, I panic whenever I see them do something out of the ordinary. Then my husband laughs at me and I calm down and realize nothing is wrong! It's a good system.
Pete Harcoff
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.03.04(Sun)21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scariest aspect is definitely if a tank broke. I did have a filter leak once, and a few gallons spilled on my carpet. I shudder to think if the tank actually broke and a good 30-40 gallons of water spilled.

The second scariest is a fire. I'm a little bit paranoid about my Coralife powerbar. I've heard of some people having them short out and cause fires. Haven't had any problems with it, though. *knocks wood*

Third scariest would be a shock. I'm always a little worried that either something like a heater or powerhead would discharge voltage into the water, or a lighting fixture would fall in. I'm very careful with my lights, though, so hopefully that won't happen. On that note, I still need to find some GFCI extension cords...
turk359
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.05(Mon)7:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two words...power outage...

Especially in the winter, when it is more likely to happen in upstate NY, ice sucks. I'm always worried that my temp will drop to quickly. I have been tossing around the idea of buying a UPS for my aquariums...
mataderek
Members

PostPosted: 2007.03.05(Mon)18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

losing all my fish would be scary jest itd be like I couldent make music anymore
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: