Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Possible Starting/ Quarenteen Tank?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Reply to topic   Post new topic
jaded12
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.03.01(Thu)21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I think I'm finally getting to understand the setups and terminology Very Happy. So muc hreading, my eyes hurt lol. I think I'm going to call it quits for tonight... MORE RESEARCH TOMORROW TOO!!!

Oh before I forget, when custom building it, would acrylic be the best material to use, or would glass and/or tempered glass be best. I am looking for the cheapest and most efficient way to do this. Thnaks again!
SLACkra
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.03.01(Thu)21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just get a standard fish tank. that will be able to fit all the equitment you plan on having.

Quote:
I am looking for the cheapest and most efficient way to do this. Thnaks again!

the cheapest would be to get a couple 60L tubs and plumb them together. say have one with the dsb/refugium and one with the heater and return pump. have the overflow plumbed so that you can control the amount of water that goes into the refugium and the other tub so that there isnt' a sand storm and so that the algae isn't blasted around it!

imo keep looking at various dsb plans and pics.

andrew
jaded12
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.03.01(Thu)22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided ot go on agian before I actually went to bed...

As for a reply... that's what I've been doing. Just lookign and researching. The more I research, the mroe "doable" marine keeping is seeming to become for me. I kept getting caught up with terminology and all that, now I understand a bit more, and I can ask some more "quality" questions instead of the "typical beginner questions". The thing is that I'm horrible at googleing, honestly somehow I can search online for hours and find nothing, someone goes on tweaks my search words a bit and BOOM tons of stuff. I feel really dumb when it comes ot that. That's why I ask for links lol.

It's going to be tons of time, but I'm going to create my own sump/refugium system. I have some basic ideas. I think I should be good. I've been browsing through the DIY sections in loads of places. Thanks for all the help guys/gals!!!
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: