Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Any experience with Tank Buddies Parasite Clear?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
BARBy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.25(Sun)9:43    Post subject: Any experience with Tank Buddies Parasite Clear? Reply with quote

HI,

Has anyone used this medication, Tank Buddies Parasite Clear? If so, is it hard on the fish, especially those with gills infected? Are there any species it can't be used on, like an Oto, for instance? Any experience shared would be appreciated as I don't like using meds on my fish, and worry that the treatment could be worse than the disease. I've done my homework and reading even on vet websites to try to distinguish which parasite is affecting my fish, so I'd rather just discuss the medication here, please.

Thank you!
Barby
Cathy G
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.02.25(Sun)9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is totally dependent on what you are treating. If gill flukes - then I'd use PraziPro if your fish are sensitive, or Fluke Tabs if they are not. If you are treating camellanus, and the Jungle is all you can find - you have no choice though levimasole would be better. If you are treating velvet then fenbendazole or flubendazole is the med of choice. If internal parasites, the flubendazole is still better than the Jungle product. I have heard of folks who've experienced success with this Jungle product however.
Cathy
BARBy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.25(Sun)12:24    Post subject: Re: Any experience with Tank Buddies Parasite Clear? Reply with quote

BARBy wrote:

I've done my homework and reading even on vet websites to try to distinguish which parasite is affecting my fish, so I'd rather just discuss the medication here, please.

Not to be rude, but the answer is dependent only on whether or not the person answering has actually used the medication since that's what I'm asking about, not which medication to use for what parasite. I'm aware of the possible infectious agent involved as well as the indications of the medication. Please, I'm just asking for someone who HAS used it to tell me if it is hard on the fish or if certain species are adversely affected by it.

Thank you
Cathy G
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.02.25(Sun)13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to misunderstand. I've never used it, and never would because no matter what I am treating there is a better product. I simply isolate the better product so I don't throw everything at whatever fish I am treating.
Cathy
BARBy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.25(Sun)18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, how would you know there's a better product if you 've never used it, and can't compare? I hope your treatment skills are better than your reading comprehension skills. How lucky your fish are to have a caretaker that is omniscient.
Cathy G
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.02.25(Sun)18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you aren't this rude face to face!
Cathy
hedgelj
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.25(Sun)18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure CathyG is only trying to help and your hostility is not going to win friends around here. From the name of the medication it sounds like an all purpose medication. Therefore, CathyG was trying to give you remedies to different maladies in case one of them was the problem you are attempting to fix. So what is the infection/infestation/problem you have isolated? Perhaps there is a different curative agent that one of the members here has used. Also, you haven't mentioned what fish you have in the tank you are planning to treat so none of us have anything to go on as far as whether or not it would affect them.
creq
Members

PostPosted: 2007.02.25(Sun)18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Funny, how would you know there's a better product if you 've never used it, and can't compare? I hope your treatment skills are better than your reading comprehension skills. How lucky your fish are to have a caretaker that is omniscient.

Wow.

Cathy's point is that just like medicine at your local pharmacy, it is always better use medicine that is targeted towards a specific symptom rather than a "cure-all" type medication.
Steve Hampton
Moderators

PostPosted: 2007.02.26(Mon)7:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

BARBy wrote:
Funny, how would you know there's a better product if you 've never used it, and can't compare?

You are using fuzzy logic. You don't have to have actually tried morphine to recommend that a better medication for treating a simple headache is aspirin. For an educated opinion to be given we first need to know all the tank inhabitants and what the medication is being used to treat...only this way could a conscientious aquarist render an opinion of whether they feel a certain medication is the best choice. I think you'll find most of the experienced aquarists here like Cathy G prefer to recommend using the treatment option that offers a compromise between its effectiveness against the disease versus contraindications.

Quote:
I hope your treatment skills are better than your reading comprehension skills. How lucky your fish are to have a caretaker that is omniscient.

Personal attacks have no place here and won't be tolerated. Let's chalk this up to your stress of having your pets being sick, but please refrain from insulting others from this point forward.
randyme
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.10.28(Fri)14:11    Post subject: Never Used It Reply with quote

Cathy G wrote:
Sorry to misunderstand. I've never used it, and never would because no matter what I am treating there is a better product. I simply isolate the better product so I don't throw everything at whatever fish I am treating.
Cathy

There is a better product? If you haven't used a particullar product then how can you know there is a better one... you can't!
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: