Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
my-10-gallon
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
cherrybarb06
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.14(Wed)11:28    Post subject: my-10-gallon Reply with quote

I changed the set-up of my ten gallon recently. I'm preparing it for a betta sorority. I'm trying to add a lot of hiding spaces to make it betta comfortable Laughing . Those are my 3 cherry barbs in the background. What do you think?

Got any suggestions? Very Happy
ceci9293
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2007.02.14(Wed)12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice colors! I'm lovin' the look of flower pots lately. Smile

I would add more plants, if you're looking for constructive criticism, for a couple of reasons. One, of the four female bettas I've kept recently, only one liked hanging out in my pineapple house, which has windows and a door similar to your rock and tower. The others all prefer the silk plants for their hangouts. And two, I think some plants on the right would even out the look of the tank.

How many females are you planning on? You should also prepare yourself for the possibility they might not get along. I had a trio (Betta Betta Betta house) and after three peaceful weeks together, the nipping started up and I had to separate them. Sad
cherrybarb06
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.14(Wed)14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was planning on getting 3 bettas and then seeing what happens. Hopefully they will get along but if not, I have plenty of fish bowls to seperate them and space in my tank to add upto 5 bettas total. Thanks for the suggestions!
msta
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.14(Wed)16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

you may want to be careful with your water level - you say its a 10G, but thats usually taking the full size of the tank. actual capcity with the water down low might only be 6/7 G, also accounting for gravel depth
cherrybarb06
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.14(Wed)18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

The water level is so low because I was trying to increase the aeration. I'm doing a heat treatment for my cherry barb boy with ich (which doesn't seem to be working because its been 12 days and he's still getting new spots Mad ) and it's about 86 degrees in there. But no need to worry. I won't add any other fish until the ich is completely under control.
msta
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.14(Wed)20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

fair enough, good luck on the ich
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: