Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
From A to B!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
newbury_ian
Members

PostPosted: 2007.02.05(Mon)8:03    Post subject: From A to B!!!! Reply with quote

Well I was looking at January's tank of the month and I was thinking to myself......"WOW 825litre aquarium, that would be amazing"

And yes the tank does look awesome!!!! But it made me think I wonder what transition people have had on this forum. I will explain what I mean.

This months aquarist has been in the hobby for 12 years, and I was wondering what tank he started with and what tanks he had in the interim. So that leads me to my question......

What tank did you start out with (point a) and what tanks have you had upto what is your most recent tank (point B). Also how long did it take you to get there?
honda
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.05(Mon)10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Point A. fist tank 5 gallon disaster) (Point B. 30 gallon planted and a 72 gallon planted )2 years for me to get there a addiction thats what it is lol Very Happy!!!!!
Angela G.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.05(Mon)12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the first tank I ever got was a 10 gallon when I was 5 or 6. I did surprisingly well considering I didn't know anything about cycling or water changes. I managed to keep a goldfish alive in it for 5 years, not as long as they could live I know. I also remember I put fish that had no business being in there like angelfish and common plecos. I gave up on my 10 gallon tank about 12 years ago when my brother, 3 at the time, dumped flea spray into my tank killing all of the fish.

About 10 years after that I decided to start anew with the old 10 gallon I'd saved all that time. However, I still didn't know anything about the nitrogen cycle, so it was a complete flop. Stopped for about another year or two.

Finally, early last year, I came at it determined. I bought a book and followed it's recommendations. Went out and got a 55 gallon. I learned about nitrogen cycle, stocked my tank reasonably, and did regular water changes. What a difference. It was a complete success. I even started learning how to grow plants in a tank.

My confidence bolstered that I could actually keep fish alive in a tank, I went out about bought a 120 gallon tank this year along with equipment to plant it. Now things are only looking up as far as fish-keeping goes.
fiffy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.05(Mon)14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

My frist tank was a 20 gallon tank. Don't remember what was in my very frist tank.
Now I have currently a 55 gallon corner tank and a 40 gallon long which isn't set up. Only the 55 is running right now. Its been to many years to count. LOL First tank I was probably in middle school, and I'm 30 now. Though I have had that 55 up and running for almost 6 years now?
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.05(Mon)16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started off July 2006 with a 13 gallon, since then bought another 13 gal,a 28 gal. a 40 gal and my latest tank is a 65 gal.
Also a 9 foot x 5 foot( roughly 500gallon) fish pond, had this years though.

Last edited by Jan on 2007.02.06(Tue)3:10; edited 1 time in total
bored2.0
Members

PostPosted: 2007.02.05(Mon)18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

point A) 1 ten gallon point B) 1 ten gallon one hundred gallon and one back yard koi pond and this is a five year difference
fiffy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.05(Mon)20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan wrote:
Started off July 2006 with a 13 gallon, since then bought another 13 gal,a 28 gal. a 40 gal and my latest tank is a 65 gal.

omg how do you afford to buy so many tanks.
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.02.05(Mon)20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started about 9 years ago with a little 1 gallon hex. I mindlessly had fish in that and eventually graduated to a 5 gallon tank with an ID shark and a bala shark. I tore that one down for quite a while, but I still maintained my sister's 5 gallon with guppies and platies. It was pretty bad though... she thought that leaving the dead fish in the aquarium was "good fertilizer for the other fish"... where did she get that idea?

Two or three years ago, I got a 10 gallon and it sparked something in me. This time I researched, researched, and researched!

I eventually got a 32 gallon tall, and my sister got a 10 gallon (which I eventually stole). Today, I have a 55 gallon and two 10s. All of the others that I have had, I sold to help pay for the 55.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.06(Tue)2:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
omg how do you afford to buy so many tanks.

Sold the kids on Ebay Laughing Laughing Pssst.....don't tell them still waiting for buyer to collect Wink Wink
newbury_ian
Members

PostPosted: 2007.02.06(Tue)2:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really interesting to read. I currently only have a 10G tank as I only reeally started in the hobby at the beginning of this year. However I am really enjoying it and really want to get a second bigger tank. I was just trying to see if I was being impatient or if other people had expanded their collection quickly!! I can see there is a right misture of the two!!!!
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: