Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
10 Gallon Progression
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
PBiddy412
Members

PostPosted: 2007.02.02(Fri)19:56    Post subject: 10 Gallon Progression Reply with quote

Hey all. got some pictures of my progression while it is cycling. Here they are.

Our plans our to get a pirate ship for the center piece basically. Then a couple small plants like straight green ones. Haha ... anyways, thats things so far till next week when the tank should be cycled!

Any tips on what to do let me know. Ideas are welcomed.

Also, what are the bubbles? That just a result of oxygen?
underOATH87
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.02(Fri)20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo what's up, LOL. I was picturing something more cluttered but this will work. Try to get maybe 2-3 more plants for them neons, they LOVE hiding places. I got this sunken submarine with a whole in it that just get's passed around from tank to tank. If you lived close I would have given it to you. I believe the bubbles is just the ammonia acting up. That's if there is ammoina in it already, if not it's probably just bubbles from the water coming out of the filter sticking to the glass.

Yo, I just did a water change, worse one in my life, put three of my fish in my old 10 Gallon and re-arranged the plants in my 26 Gallon. You know I love to take pics so expect them tonight.

Myspace Mobsters Forum: www.mademen.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
underOATH87
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.02(Fri)21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here they are:

I'm really get tired of damn water changes, I did about a 50% today. What started out as me getting three fish out of the 26 and into the 10 turned into a 30% water change which turned into me wanting to re-arrange the plants which sturred up a lot of feces and extra food so that led into the 50% water change. Took about 30 minutes to catch three fish. LOL. I'm exhausted after today.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
ceci9293
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2007.02.02(Fri)22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, pbiddy, that's a good start! Like I said, unless your girlfriend doesn't really care, I bet she'd love getting to choose her own plants and decorate it herself. Wink

Also, yeah those bubbles are just air and will go away pretty soon. I get them in my tank too when I do bigger than usual water changes. No biggie. Smile
PBiddy412
Members

PostPosted: 2007.02.02(Fri)23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Oath, really like the new setup. The red plants by the castle looks awsome.

Ceci, she wants me to help decorate so I'm doing my best. Those are silk plants. Got three of them in one package. I kind of like them, kind of don't. They work I suppose. However, I did let her choose the background. She liked that one. I liked the other side a little better but I think her taste was better for this one Razz!
Michael L.
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.02.03(Sat)12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those bubbles are actually carbon dioxide coming out of the water. They will float away in the next couple days.

What are you doing for lighting?
Members

PostPosted: 2007.02.03(Sat)13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be getting a flourescent hood once I have the money for one which I should have plenty by time the tank is done cycling.
underOATH87
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.03(Sat)13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, yeah the hood is a must have. But you already know how expensive they can be. Just be lucky it's only a 10 Gallon, LOL. I thought I had seen three fish floating in there but I was mistaken for the backround. Yeah try to find another one of those packages with multiple plants in there. A few more couldn't hurt and would be great for your fish.

Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: