Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Mystery snails and aquarium cover
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates  Reply to topic   Post new topic
bigbones
Members

PostPosted: 2007.02.01(Thu)1:25    Post subject: Mystery snails and aquarium cover Reply with quote

Will a mystery snail crawl out of the tank if there is an opening?
Osprey
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.02.01(Thu)7:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they can and will. They can survive for a couple days out of the water, though, so it's not quite the same emergency that it would be if you had a fish out of the tank.
lindak
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.02.01(Thu)12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only had a female crawl out and land on the floor behind the tank. I think she was out there a day or two. Luckily she was fine.

If the water level in the tank is too high the females will crawl out of the tank to find a place to lay their eggs. They have to lay their eggs out of the water. It's good to have the water an inch lower than the top of the tank. After I lowered my water level she never crawled out again.

I have 2 other males and they have never gotten out of the tank, that's not to say that they won't do it. Mine have just never done it.
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: