Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
cobalt blue lobsters
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates  Reply to topic   Post new topic
dodge41ca
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.29(Mon)11:53    Post subject: cobalt blue lobsters Reply with quote

hi any one know anything about cobalt blue lobsters I have one that lost one claw and his two long feelers will they grow back and how long will it take
Illusia
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.29(Mon)12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have a blue cray fish, from my understanding a lot of colbolt blue lobsters that are sold as pets are actually cray fish. Its claw and feelers will definitly grow back so don't worry. When I bought mine he narrowley escaped a massacre in a puffer fish tank, he only had one claw and no feelers but it has been a month and a half later and his claw and feelers have grown back Very Happy

P.S. Mine loves algae wafers and make sure he has a place to hide for when he sheds his shell.
invertmaniac
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.29(Mon)16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, sorry to use your post dodge, but this is just easier

are blue lobsters/crayfish community tank safe? I've heard reports to argue either way. I know they're not much of a threat to free swimmers, but what about bottom dwelers and inverts?
fiffy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.29(Mon)20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, if its in a fresh water tank, its a crayfish. Lobsters are saltwater species. Secondly, they really aren't good for comunity tanks. They can take down a decently quick swimming fish if it gets close enough. And if they can get close to it, they will eat it.
Now, I've successfully kept crayfish and albino cories together without a problem. I've also kept them with one species of pleco but that was a long time ago and I don't remember which kind it was. But I would get feeder fish and they would tear threw them.
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.29(Mon)21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it was a cray fish and it is a fresh water crayfish its a lobster in name only, from what I have read the hammer cobalt blue losbster will work in a community tank , have only had 3 days but had a lot of fun watching them I have 2 in seperate tanks looks like they will help clean the bottom to they way they feed
Illusia
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.30(Tue)0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is in a community tank and touch wood after a couple of months no problems. My auratus is always bothering it when it goes near his castle. I think mine is a female though. I also don't feed it live fish. Also he/she is pretty small still so needless to say I will be keeping an eye on it, I think thats the best thing in these situations. As for bottom dwellers I have yoyo loaches which are pretty quick, I think your best bet are fast moving fish. Hope this helps Very Happy
dodge41ca
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.30(Tue)2:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have them in with a couple sharks and a placo the crayfish isnt big enough to bother them or fast enough
the one without the claw has a complex and don't see much of it, with out its feelers and one claw. I think it must be sort of blind.uses the good claw as a feeler,do the see well, and how do you sex them
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: