Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Help water too hot!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Bob
Moderators

PostPosted: 2007.01.29(Mon)18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will find most heaters can adjust the temperature setting UnderOATH.

What this thread is about, is a faulty heater.

Inside all heaters is a thermostat (Cuts the electricity supply off when the correct temp is reached). These are normally made from a simple metal strip, that bends when heated, they often get stuck, broken etc.

When this happens we normally go and buy a new heater, when you are talking about cheap heaters, this is a very common fault, but once this has happened to you, you tend to spend the extra few pennies on a decent heater.

Bob
andiesch
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.29(Mon)18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

well bob what type of heater would you suggest I have one of the cheap wal-mart ones and am ready fro an upgrade..how much do they run for?
Bob
Moderators

PostPosted: 2007.01.29(Mon)19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Vistherm heaters. In the UK they are only a pound or two more than the cheap ones, come with a 5 year guarentee, they also have a wider spread of heat settings than most (18 to 32 c). I really wouldn't buy any other make.

This is UK prices (At the supplier I use), a cheap well known brand of heaters that may have the word "Pet" in part of it's name is
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: