Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Algae eater ?
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
laknarf
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.24(Wed)9:01    Post subject: Algae eater ? Reply with quote

I have a 55 gallon Mbuna (not very aggressive) tank. I have an algae growth problem on the back glass of the tank and can not get to it to clean it. Since it's unsightly I want to get some sort of algae eater to clean it. I was advised against a bristle nose since the mbuna might think the bristles are worms (food). What are your suggestions????
theboomboomcars
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.26(Fri)15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bristle nose in my mbuna tank and none of the cichlids bother him at all. If they nip at him he will either leave or nip back. His bristles are getting nice a big too. If the cichlids are get to the zucchini first he will chase them away, and they leave very promptly.

Your mileage may vary, but there shouldn't be any reason that the bristle nose would be more susceptible to damage than other plecos.
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: