Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Suggest a tankmate for my juvie Black Belt?
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Venus
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.23(Tue)20:25    Post subject: Suggest a tankmate for my juvie Black Belt? Reply with quote

Hullo. Just wanted the opinion of some forum members as to what might be a good tankmate for my juvenile Black Belt. She's 2" and currently housed in a 30L(36"). Right now she's all by her lonesome after killing and partially eating her previous tankmate, an equally-sized angelfish. Oi, was that ever a tragic mistake.

In any case, since she is obviously going to outgrow the 30, I'll be buying a larger tank when I move out in a year or so. In the meantime, I want to get her a companion that I could possibly keep with her after they've both grown up and been moved to a 90 or possibly a 100.

She's pretty fierce for her size. She beat the poor 6" spiny eel I added to death in a matter of a few days. I was thinking a Green Terror, or maybe a Firemouth. Something that can stand up to her, but not rip her apart. Ideally something that's not going to grow much larger than her(8-10"). Any suggestions?

Oh, and here's a recent photo of her. And this one shows off her colors a lot better.
And no, I cannot sex my fish at this point. Just calling her a she. I've had her for almost two months now.

Thanks for your implied input~
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: