Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
To Much Power
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Reply to topic   Post new topic
honda
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.22(Mon)21:44    Post subject: To Much Power Reply with quote

Hi I got a 72 gallon bow front with a emparor 400 filter on it with a aqua clear 30/60
and my question is my empror 400 is so powerful that it makes so much bubbles from the water disturbence I tried to turn the water bars to make the bio wheel slow down but it dident work what do you think I can do to make it more non bubbly???
myhamster
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.22(Mon)23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have something over the intake tube - it's the poly stuff used for filters. I wrap a piece of filter sponge over the intake tube, then wrap the white poly over the sponge. It's great - provides a place with high water flow for the bacteria to grow on. Also, food that the fish miss are still available for them to eat, since it's on the poly stuff in the tank, not trapped in the filter where it'll just rot.

I think they're call "pre-filters". Besides improving water quality, it'll also slow down the water flow.

Eric
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: