Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
need help identifying young african cichlid
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
IrishB44
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.20(Sat)15:12    Post subject: need help identifying young african cichlid Reply with quote

He/She is around an inch and have looked on numerous different websites to see if I could identify it or sex it, I have an auratus, and a yellow lab, I believe the yellow lab is a female, and am unsure of the auratus, but this little orange one always picks on the lab, but not as much the auratus, I see the auratus and the orange one almost like "dance around", would appreciate any feedback, thanks

aqualung
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.23(Tue)16:26    Post subject: Identifying African Ciclid Reply with quote

I just recently stocked my new tank with Africans. Looked at a lot of pictures and did a lot of research. Just the other day I put in a red/cherry zebra. Mine looks just the same as yours. They tend to be orange in color, though they can get a darker orange to resemble a light red hence the name of the fish. I hope someone else can back me up with the identification. Keep looking in different galleries and books. They tend to be a big help in knowing what you want and what you have. Good luck!!
andiesch
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.23(Tue)16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same ones and yes I think your right aqualung
IrishB44
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.29(Mon)17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

thankyou very much, I took your advice aqualung and I looked on numerous pages, and now also believe that the cichlid is a red zebra. thankyou very much for your input.
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: