Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
White & Black Skirt Tetras
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species  Reply to topic   Post new topic
DebraAustin
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.19(Fri)10:24    Post subject: White & Black Skirt Tetras Reply with quote

Hi,

Was wondering if I can combine white and black skirt tetras to make a school? I like them both, but don't want complete schools of each as that would overstock my tank. (I am getting a new 30 gallon, they definitely won't fit in my 10 gal!). I was thinking three of each.

I have two different species of coryadoras (because I couldn't get another julii when I lost one) and they are happy together. I plan to get them partners of their own variety when I move up to the bigger tank.

So what do you think 3 and 3 or should I stick with the variety I have?

Thanks for your input,

Debra
Bob
Moderators

PostPosted: 2007.01.19(Fri)11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

As they are the same fish species, I doubt they would really care about the colour differences (That tends to be a human hang up).

But from a purely astet (Looks) point of view, it would probably be better to stick to one colour, can't say they are the best shoaling Tetra I have seen.

Cory's will mix if they aren't in larger same species groups, they are a far more gregarious fish than Black Widows (I use the old name).

Bob

That was aesthetics I was trying to spell Wink
DebraAustin
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.19(Fri)12:40    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks Bob, I was thinking that might be the case. I guess I don't really mind if they don't shoal. I just want a shoal for them should they feel threatened and want to congregate to feel safe. I only have pairs of my fish right now and can't wait until I am able to get a larger tank and can have full shoals of all my fish. I think they will be a lot happier and less timid (althought the tetras are not timid).

Debra
FiftyCalibre
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.01.19(Fri)20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

black and white skirts are perfectly fine together. They don't really school, more shoal. I had 6 and they just shoaled, but when I added 6 dwarf neon rainbows, they all schooled together and became very active
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: