Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Mystery Fry
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Sleeve
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.17(Wed)21:37    Post subject: Mystery Fry Reply with quote

I recently cleared out my community tank of all predators because my Keyhole Cichlids spawned and the fry did really well. I have a few cory's a pair of flying foxes, 4 otos and the keyhole family in a heavily planted, CO2 injected 45 gal.

The strangest thing happened about 5 days ago. I started to notice about 10 very, very small fry that were nearly transparent swimming and dodging around the top of the tank right under the light. They have a round head with a very long tail in comparison and seem to be very strong swimmers.

Thinking they came in on some plants I bought recently, I felt no compulsion to try and feed them or keep them alive whatsoever. Now, 5 days later, they are still alive, larger and are taking on a brown appearance. What's more is that NEW ones are appearing at the top of the tank; small, transparent, big head and long tail just like the ones that I first saw.

I have no idea who is laying eggs! Can someone help me out here? The only thing I can think of is the flying foxes because the adults look closest to the mystery fry.

Can anyone offer help on identifying them?

Thank you!
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: